Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
modeling/wearing in my vintage 40s blue-gray rayon & wool jacket for these pics this evening. In prep for a vintage themed Tea Party afternoon tomorrow at our home... Asked the guests to wear vintage from Edwardian era to end of WWII.I'll be wearing a vintage late 30s early 40s navy blue lace dress.
372443455.jpg

372443462.jpg

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
chanteuseCarey, wow! That hairdo is outstanding! :eusa_clap

Something of a '20s look for me today, taking advantage of a (mostly) sunny day.

Tropical weight suit
Modern bowtie
Van Heusen collar
Vintage shirt w/ MOP buttons
Clarks shoes
Olney boater
Burgundy pocket square to match the hatband
Lightweight cotton spats w/ MOP buttons

DSC01079.jpg

poggleberry

One of the Regulars
chanteuseCarey I love your hair, i've tried pin curl's before and it's by no means easy, your an expert you look fab:eusa_clap, hope your tea party goes well.

Here is a photo of me last weekend at Hotrod Hayride (taken with an iphone so no flash), I love the grainyness of this photo. Loads of great cars, bikes, music, fashion, people and shopping. Wearing Brown cord Levis dungaree's, 1940's peasant blouse and PF Flyers (green canvas and black patent detailing.
IMG_0339.jpg

Jkid

New in Town
IMG_2895.jpg

Basically this. Nothing fancy, but it looks good. I have on a long sleeve Eddie Bauer henley. A cheap, but awesome American Living vest. Over that a blazer from the Gap. On my head is my trusty lite-felt Broner, and then a pair of Levi jeans.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
worn yesterday to our vintage themed Tea Party

Here are the pics from our family's Tea Party Saturday afternoon. Our guests all wore vintage, we were a well turned out group! We even recruited our 15yo dd's friend Stephen to help us get ready with the settings, food etc! I am wearing a lovely vintage all lace fabric dress that probably dates to the late 1930s early 1940s, found at the Alameda Flea Market. I had a china silk slip made to wear under it. The dress has amazing detail, from looking at the construction it was most likely home made. The skirt has stitched down to the hips pleats all the way around. The most amazing feature about the dress is the ruched grosgrain ribbon detailing on the bodice and sleeves with bias piping lace work. I included a back shot to show the design of the lace fabric. The dress is quite fragile with several small tears that I'll be doing more sympathetic repairs to, but it was a wonderful find! Our daughter wore her vintage 20s silk chiffon Gatsby dress, son Daniel had on a vintage boys shirt, and Chuck wore his vintage navy pinstriped DB 40s suit. Our family loves to host Teas at our home using our depression glass collection and many tea accessories. We ate the main course out on the back patio, and dessert served with champagne in the house. The large pink vase on the inside food table is from Germany made in the 1930s. The two 'pleated' vases on the rectangle outdoor table are a design called "Tea Room".

At the Tea Party we served three kinds of Tea: black Keemun, Black with Black Currant, and a Cranberry Orange (tisane) herbal, with decorated sugar cubes or candied violet petals to sweeten. The main course: Raspberry Scones with Devon Cream and Strawberry Jam, Egg Salad sandwiches on grain bread, Cucumber and Cream Cheese sandwiches on white bread, Nasturium leaf sandwiches with nasturium flowers and mint butter on sourdough bread, and for the savory- mushroom, leek and spinach tarts (using phyllo dough)- which were made by my husband. For dessert: sliced strawberries in sugar syrup, madelines, petit fours, asst'd dark chocolates and glace' de fruits candies. The flowers were our roses and cottage plants and from a nearby neighbor whose door I knocked on an asked if I could cut some of theirs. A lovely way to spend an afternoon with some vintage loving friends.
372551376.jpg
372551364.jpg
372551352.jpg
372551357.jpg
372551384.jpg

372551399.jpg
372551620.jpg
372551750.jpg
372551408.jpg
372551393.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Worn today to church and then to an Art Deco Society "How to Gatsby" Seminar(s) with a Fashion Show and Sale. The wool and grosgrain hat, trapunto embellished jacket, rayon print dress, and 48 star flag pin are all 40s vintage, the earrings, sunglasses, necklace, cuff bracelet, gloves and shoes are vintage- inspired.
372596882.jpg

372596887.jpg

372596891.jpg
372596896.jpg

Helysoune

One of the Regulars
chanteuseCarey, is there ever a time when you don't look completely fabulous? Wonderful looks!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy