Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Lamplight

One of the Regulars
Thunder, I'm amazed at how the color of the shirt, tie, and jacket are all so close that they almost appear to have been made for each other. :eusa_clap

chanteuseCarey, I'm fairly certain your children are two of the best dressed for their ages you're likely to find anywhere. And you and your husband only raise the bar for the adults. :eusa_clap

Christy

One of the Regulars
Solid Citizen- Thank you for the compliment! :)

chanteuse Carey- You look lovely as always! I've also been meaning to tell you that your kids are so charming. I think it's really neat that they embrace a vintage style, and they look great too!

MissHannah

One Too Many
MaryDeluxe said:
let's keep it going......;)

Last night.....
3998462985_81cf36eb02.jpg

50's flecked wiggle skirt
50's sweater
40's peep toe cuban heels

4001923482_a87ef52bcf.jpg

I love this skirt and the pocket details!

From last weekend....
3957134056_f0fcd18105.jpg

Reproduction Freddies of Pinewood dungarees
50's sweater
Keds

Amazing Mary!!! That skirt is killer and the pose is spot on too. And what a fabulous sweater - I'm officially jealous!

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
sproily said:
A sportier leisure outfit to the grocery store, didn't want anything too distracting

grocery.jpg

I hate to burst your bubble, but when people dressed like this walk into my grocery-store, they get all the attention in the world :D :eusa_clap splendid outfit!

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Not really today, actually a few days ago. This was the best photo I could get, the new camera is great but it's not as good at taking self-portraits as the old one.

Vintage db suit
Tootal tie
Long point collar
Irish linen pocket handkerchief
GA Dunn bowler
Smiths "Empire" watch on a vintage strap.

DSC01741.jpg

DSC01690.jpg

DSC01685.jpg

I like the strap with a double breasted jacket, because the trousers don't have a watch pocket and I don't like carrying my watch in the side pocket, though I'm not sure if it really fits with the overall appearance.

I was told by one of my wife's coworkers that I shouldn't be wearing a black hat with a grey suit, and a grey suit was inappropriate for city wear. And if I was wearing a bowler I needed an umbrella. :eusa_doh:

MissECP

New in Town
This is what i wore today. Vintage inspired rather than anything actually vintage. Sorry about the bad picture, the weather has been very gloomy and dark today.
t -shirt from H&M, skirt - Dorothy Perkins, belt- charity shop, Cardigan - knitted by myself from 1940s pattern.
ecp19.jpg

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Nick D said:
I was told by one of my wife's coworkers that I shouldn't be wearing a black hat with a grey suit, and a grey suit was inappropriate for city wear. And if I was wearing a bowler I needed an umbrella. :eusa_doh:
I like your outfit very much and envy your suit. As for a black hat with a grey suit, I can't see why on earth not. Black and grey are good colours to match, be it a black suit and a grey hat or a grey suit and a black hat.

As for grey being inappropriate for city wear, I cannot think of a more appropriate suit for city wear. It's brown or tweed which can under some circumstances seem out of place in the city.

As for a bowler needing an umbrella, only if you're a steriotypical British gentleman which very few people are.

So all in all I like your outfit and think it all fits together perfectly, even the pocket watch, despite it being more daring (colourwise) than the hat.

get_atomized

One of the Regulars
OldSoul said:
Like owls much? :eek:fftopic: :eek:

They were my grandma's :)

I keep adding to the collection since they came into my possession, however.

Kids these days... young punk hooligans and their... owl figurines

Edited to add: two of them are teapots... adorable. One is made out of shells. It fits in well with the general tackiness of my apartment

babs

A-List Customer
A Kubrik fan!

Pretty cool rendition of the old gang uniform there.
I always wanted to do that one or the red 2001 space suit one year for Halloween. Both are distinguished and recognizeable, but the Clockwork Orange outfit is more so.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
avedwards said:
I like your outfit very much and envy your suit. As for a black hat with a grey suit, I can't see why on earth not. Black and grey are good colours to match, be it a black suit and a grey hat or a grey suit and a black hat.

As for grey being inappropriate for city wear, I cannot think of a more appropriate suit for city wear. It's brown or tweed which can under some circumstances seem out of place in the city.

As for a bowler needing an umbrella, only if you're a steriotypical British gentleman which very few people are.

Well, I think this particular guy just has a need to criticise and demonstrate his superiority. He himself, neither I nor my wife have ever seen him in a suit. Ah well, her boss thought I looked quite smart.

get_atomized said:
Can I borrow this lol

At the moment, I don't think the Royal Mail would get it to Canada, I'm afraid.

get_atomized said:
Kids these days... young punk hooligans and their... owl figurines

You should see Leeds. The city has a bit of an owl thing. 10' tall golden owls around the Civic Hall, hundreds of owls on fences, an owl on every rubbish bin...

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Couple of weeks old...

2zqe6wn.jpg

I had on a great outfit for the Vintage Flying Museum hangar dance a couple of weeks ago - black 1930s crepe dress with a peach satin collar, matching peach flower in the hair, 1940s bakelite necklace, USMC sweetheart jewelry, 1940s seamed stockings, 1940s black suede peeptoe platforms, and a curly lamb Gimbel Bros. coat! But alas, no photos.

Maguire

Practically Family
Went hiking in NJ on the weekend so i went a bit casual, with new vest.

DSCF2021-1.jpg
Still kept with the fed IV though.

the weekend before in albany:
DSCF1975.jpg

also tried to be a bit more casual with the three piece suit.

weather was too rainy and cold for a panama but too hot and humid for my fed IV unfortunately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters