Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Feraud

Bartender
ThesFlishThngs said:
What kind of world do we live in, in which a woman wears a blouse and a skirt, & draws such comments from strangers?

It is a shame when dressing well is the thing that draws comments. :rolleyes:

Everyone in the thread looks great.

DCIHunt

New in Town
Because the seasons have turned, I have worn a waistcoat with my suits the last three days and can not begin to count the number of times I am asked if why I am dressed up.

This is extremely annoying when asked by a saggy-trouser wearing thirty-something with an Ernesto "Che" Guevara t-shirt. Very original.

Well used to it by now, but yes, still annoys me to no end.

Cheers.

McFarlaneNYC

Familiar Face
McFarlaneNYC said:
I have worked with the New Generation Theatre Ensemble in the past and usually volunteer my time and antique collection for the Fall and Spring Seasons of my Schools Drama Department.

Sounds Good.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
thunderw21 said:
me117.jpg

Nice costume.

Why are you so dressed up!?

:D

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
ThesFlishThngs said:
What kind of world do we live in, in which a woman wears a blouse and a skirt, & draws such comments from strangers?
A couple other people made similar remarks before we found our way out of Tulsa.
4085077852_ff0034a20a_b.jpg

You are indeed wearing a blouse and skirt, trouble is, you're doing it with some style, individuality and flair.
Comments occurred because you look good.
Looking good will draw the full range of comments, from all types;
kindly well-wishers, to frustrated people who cannot dress to save themselves.
And of course, snarky types who just must comment.
Rest assured, if you dressed like everybody else, you would have received ZERO comments.

B
T

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Lee fedora
Vintage collar
Carrot & Gibbs bow
Vintage waistcoat and trousers
Modern jacket and shoes
Rather beat up poppy

I need to find a new place to take pictures, the unforgiving beige of the walls makes the colours wash out.

DSC02175.jpg

DSC02181.jpg

Lenore

Practically Family
Nick D said:
Lee fedora
Vintage collar
Carrot & Gibbs bow
Modern jacket and shoes
Rather beat up poppy

I need to find a new place to take pictures, the unforgiving beige of the walls makes the colours wash out.

DSC02175.jpg

DSC02181.jpg

I adore that combination on you, Nick. The jacket makes your eyes very noticeable.

Bugsy

One Too Many
Nick D said:
Lee fedora
Vintage collar
Carrot & Gibbs bow
Modern jacket and shoes
Rather beat up poppy

DSC02175.jpg

DSC02181.jpg

Wonderful pictures. How is little Will doing?

Vintage*Vixen

New in Town
That fluffy skirt...

Today I wore My (Target) poodle skirt, with 3 crinoline slips , a cinching red belt with a red blouse. And yes I wore this to work. I thought to myself one day.. what would I wear If I worked here in the 50's?? so there you have it.... a Poodle skirt Target Girl.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
LaMedicine said:
My U. Med School 35th anniversary reunion was last Saturday.
Three of the ten women in our class showed up in kimonos, so here I am, before heading out.
09JK35FrontW.jpg
09JK35Back3W.jpg

Hand drawn sumi-e, ink and wash painting landscape motif kimono with a boat moored by the river motif Nishjin-ori brocade obi.
Kimono and obi coordination is often chosen to present a theme. In this case, the common theme is the river, the landscape being mountain cliffs and river, with the riverside boat.
Right sleeve--front.
09JK35RtSleeveBW.jpg

Left sleeve--back.
09JK35LtSleeveFW.jpg

Right back to side panel.
09JK35BackHemRtW.jpg

Left back to side panel.
09JK35BackHemLtW.jpg

Front.
09JK35FrontHemW.jpg

Obi front. This obi was orginally my aunt's, which she gave this to me last year.
09JK35ObiFrontW.jpg

Obi back.
09NovJK35ObiBackW.jpg

Wonderful!

Anwen

New in Town
Nothing genuinely vintage, I'm afraid, but I think there was a certain mid-century feel to my outfit (or maybe I'm just deluded...) today, I had on a cabled, very fitted jumper that I made, with a dark brown skirt with godets and curled (ish - it never holds that well) hair and red lippy:

jumper011a.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
The JOY of vintage dressed dancers...

Its a bit late, but here is a super pic taken by deco photog M. Smith of our 15yo daughter Sarah very happy while dancing with her Daddy at the Mobster's Ball in October in SF. I wouldn't trade the look on her face here for nuthin'...

377727970.jpg

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
chanteuseCarey said:
Its a bit late, but here is a super pic taken by deco photog M. Smith of our 15yo daughter Sarah very happy while dancing with her Daddy at the Mobster's Ball in October in SF. I wouldn't trade the look on her face here for nuthin'...

377727970.jpg

Your husband and daughter look dashing! I can only imagine how my mother would feel if I had a look on my face like your daughter's. You must be very proud!

Panache

A-List Customer
Today I took the family over to Santa Cruz to look at the Monarch Butterflies at Natural Bridges State Beach

DSC01005.jpg

DSC01008.jpg

Needless to say I was the only observer wearing a kilt,

or a tie,

or a dress shirt,

or a hat! lol

Cheers

Jamie

Maguire

Practically Family
Yeah i get the complaints i see here about people. I shudder to think about what i'll get in Ireland, where people are alot more upfront about things and even small things attract negative comments and attention. My dad bought a fedora back in the 1960s an got laughed at for it over there. :(

imported_miss_molly

Familiar Face
You're going to Ireland? Wow!
I wouldn't worry too much about getting bad comments, one of my best friends is Irish and she really loves the whole vintage look. I think it is the same anywhere, there will always be those that feel the need single others out because they aren't merely clones of everyone else.
Enjoy Ireland :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou