Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
mike said:
Sorry, I wish I could! Generally I wear that tie underneath my regular shirt. It is what keeps my head attached to my body, making it so my head cannot fly away...!

Ah, yes, I DO understand -- you use it as an anti-head-flotation-device. Yes, I have a small necklace that I occasionally use for this purpose on float-head days.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
In the right hands, it'd make a fabulous short film.

The Velvet Ribbon
by Ann McGovern

Once there was a man who fell in love with a beautiful girl. And before the next full moon rose in the sky, they were wed.

To please her husband, the young wife wore a different gown each night. Sometimes she was dressed in yellow; other nights she wore red or blue or white. And she always wore a black velvet ribbon around her slender neck.

Day and night she wore that ribbon, and it was not long before her husband's curiosity got the better of him.

"Why do you always wear that ribbon?" he asked.

She smiled a strange smile and said not a word.

At last her husband got angry. And one night he shouted at his bride. "Take that ribbon off! I'm tired of looking at it."

You will be sorry if I do," she replied, "so I won't."

Every morning at breakfast, the husband ordered his wife to remove the black velvet ribbon from around her neck. Every night at dinner he told her the same thing.

But every morning at breakfast and every night at dinner, all his wife would say was, "You'll be sorry if I do. So I won't."

A week passed. The husband no longer looked into his wife's eyes. He could only stare at that black velvet ribbon around her neck.

One night as his wife lay sleeping, he tiptoed to her sewing basket. He took out a pair of scissors.

Quickly and quietly, careful not to awaken her, he bent over his wife's bed and

SNIP!

went the scissors, and the velvet ribbon fell to the floor. And

SNAP!

off came her head.

It rolled over the floor in the moonlight, wailing tearfully: "I...told...you...you'd...be...s-o-r-r-y!"

And to keep on topic, here's what I'm wearing (notice, nothing's holding my head on today).
4078997442_9ab8561e2e.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
FABULOUS MIKE- Wow, I love the beautiful suit... you are looking about as authentic as a man can get, Sir!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

mike said:
On my way to a date the other day...
vintage cream flannel pants
modern polo sweater
modern cream shirt
vintage unlined tie
church's brown cap toe shoes
vintage cap

DSCN0583-2.jpg

DSCN0584-1.jpg

On my way to a screening of the 1913 film, the Student of Prague the other, other day....
british single breasted, peak lapel suit
30's/40's tie
modern, zoot suit store white shirt

DSCN0597-2.jpg

DSCN0594-1.jpg

DSCN0593-1.jpg

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Its Summer here in the Antipodes, I walked into a second hand clothing store and saw someone trying on an overcoat, I feigned disinterest , and pretended to look at the shirts, and when the chap put it back on the rack, I waited a few (decent) minutes and casually pounced!"

4082500638_dde2918d7b.jpg

4081743387_ef1a2a58fd.jpg

"The sleeves will need shortening a little and I may have it dyed a very dark brown?, I do have six months to wait till I can wear it"

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
A fantastic find, BB! I would not dye it, it might not come out well and then its ruined...

BinkieBaumont said:
"Its Summer here in the Antipodes, I walked into a second hand clothing store and saw someone trying on an overcoat, I feigned disinterest , and pretended to look at the shirts, and when the chap put it back on the rack, I waited a few (decent) minutes and casually pounced!"

4082500638_dde2918d7b.jpg

4081743387_ef1a2a58fd.jpg

"The sleeves will need shortening a little and I may have it dyed a very dark brown?, I do have six months to wait till I can wear it"

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
chanteuseCarey said:
A fantastic find, BB! I would not dye it, it might not come out well and then its ruined...

Nor shorten the sleeves. But then, I'm not a fan of the shirt and jacket cuff showing look. That's a fantastic overcoat as it is.

bpworks

New in Town
Call me Mr. Checks!!!!

I have always been atracted to experimenting with various combinations of fabrics, colors, & particularly patterns. For years my friends refer to me as Mr. Checks!!!! Everyone is anxious to see what bizzar combination I have contrived!

Examples would be to wear charcoal chalk stripe trousers with my shawl collar tuxedo jacket, linen bib front linen formal shirt with wing collar & a silver silk knit tie, white over the calf socks, & my favorite item Black woven suede Ferraragamo low vamp slip on (awesome!!!!).

On other occassions one might find me wearing my Purple Label chocolate brown chalk stripe, 3 button, side vented cashmere blend suit jacket with my plain front Bills Khakis British tan 21 whale corduroy trousers, Talbott cutaway collar graph check twill shirt, complemantary plaid Talbott tie, & my English 6 button lapel vest in exploded box check pattern, cream/tan houndstooth over the calf socks & my brown suede chukka boots.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Sounds intriguing. We expect to see pictures and soon Mr.Checks...:)

bpworks said:
I have always been atracted to experimenting with various combinations of fabrics, colors, & particularly patterns. For years my friends refer to me as Mr. Checks!!!! Everyone is anxious to see what bizzar combination I have contrived!

bpworks

New in Town
Binkie Baumont Vicuna Topcoat

Binkie,

This appears to be an authentic vicuna wool topcoat. Please don't dye it. The vicuna color is as classic as a camel hair "Polo" topcoat!!!!!!! You have a real winner!!

The vicuña (Vicugna vicugna Molina) or vicugna[2] is one of two wild South American camelids, along with the guanaco, which live in the high alpine areas of the Andes. It is a relative of the llama, and is now believed to be the wild ancestor of domesticated alpacas, which are raised for their fiber. Vicuñas produce small amounts of extremely fine wool (1 pound), which is very expensive because the animal can only be shorn every 3 years. When knitted together, the product of the vicuña's fur is very soft and warm. It is understood that the Inca raised vicuñas for their wool, and that it was against the law for any but royalty to wear vicuña garments.

Both under the rule of the Inca and today, vicuñas have been protected by law. Before being declared endangered in 1974, only about 6,000 animals were left. Today, the vicuña population has recovered to about 125,000, and while conservation organizations have reduced its level of threat, they still call for active conservation programs to protect population levels from poaching, habitat loss, and other threats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart