Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
382019605.jpg

Great Look!

Bugsy

One Too Many
Chasseur said:
Went to the opening of the opera season last night, so it was a rare excuse to wear my white tie and tails! Sorry for the self portrait in the dingy bathroom mirror here, but my better half canceled on me so I had to go solo...

Vintage Palm Beach tailcoat (probably 1950s?), matching trousers made by Indy Magnoli, Vintage Shirt Company marcella shirt and bow tie, detachable collar by Vintage Shirt Company, vintage 1940s British marcella waistcoat, vintage Swank MOP cufflink and stud set, white linen pocket square, and some nice plain toe oxfords by John Bros. Mini-carnations are hard to find in Hawaii, so I used a white orchid.

382019607.jpg

382019605.jpg

Most elegant. The epitome of the classic first nighter. :eusa_clap

Hal

Practically Family
Warden said:
...the good people of Cardiff like nothing more than popping down to the supermarket in a pair of PJ’s and comfortable slippers.
Please don't stereotype a fine city! Such a thing could happen anywhere in the western world, unfortunately, and indeed some FL members have noted it from the areas where they live.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
_47200887_elaine_carmody_bbc.jpg

"Oh Come on now ? how many of us have "Tumbled" into bed fully dressed. fairs fair, do admit? ....what I have a problem with, is "ladies" pushing shopping carts in "Hair Rollers"

grocery+shopping+sucks.jpg

"This charming young gel has the "sense" to remove her hair curlers , after all, who knows who she may meet at the "Cold Meats" counter, cold cuts indeed!

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Dinerman said:

Hey Dinerman, great looking as always! could you tell me something about those boots you're wearing? are those hunting-boots and are they watertight? lined with warm material? vintage or new, and if new where could those be bought? many questions I know, I would appreciate it if you could reply..

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
djgo-cat-go said:
Hey Dinerman, great looking as always! could you tell me something about those boots you're wearing? are those hunting-boots and are they watertight? lined with warm material? vintage or new, and if new where could those be bought? many questions I know, I would appreciate it if you could reply..

I'm sure D-man will reply, but in the US those boots are typically referred to as "Duck boots"

A very popular version of them:
http://www.llbean.com/llb/search?de...060^trkid~21196S173797640^freeText~duck+boots

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Mario said:
Heading for a birthday party tonight.

mallory_01_29_10.jpg

Mario....You made me do a double take! :eusa_clap You're not just a well dressed man but a whole complete attitude! DAMN!

I'm wearing this today and I'm going to the grocery store! :D

4319755110_520634fe6f.jpg

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Mountain Man said:
We have had only 2 major snows in WNC this winter, and both have been unusually heavy. Because of this morning's weather forecast, I dressed a little more ruggedly for the office than I usually do. No suit today - Bill's Khakis heavy canvas trousers, Viyella shirt, British Handcraft Ltd sweater, Loden overcoat, tweed cap and heavily greased Filson boots.

IMG_2310.jpg
Brilliant look for snow. Elegant but practical.

Could you post some pictures of the overcoat please? The coat in my avatar is made of loden and I'd be interested to see if yours is the same as mine.

Warden

One Too Many
Edna-wartime-kitchen-small.jpg

Edna and I went to Militaria sale today. Hidden in the army webbing was the odd civilian find.

She loves this repro 'Rocket' jumper, she found. So much so she wore it as soon as we got home for a picture I needed for an upcoming blog about wartime rations.

Harry

Warden said:
Edna-wartime-kitchen-small.jpg

Edna and I went to Militaria sale today. Hidden in the army webbing was the odd civilian find.

She loves this repro 'Rocket' jumper, she found. So much so she wore it as soon as we got home for a picture I needed for an upcoming blog about wartime rations.

Harry

Oooh, what a doll Edna is! And who can blame her? I'd want to put that jumper on right there at the sale!

a busy day

Well, today is so lovely out that I just had to have a little bicycle ride - forgive the mussed hair...

100_1794.jpg

And since I have company coming from california for a visit tomorrow, it's time to tidy up the house! Head scarf: check. Pinny: check. Dust mitt: check.

This is my favorite apron because of the romance - My dear friend Ellie (who worked a government office job during WWII) made it as part of a matched pair for herself and her DH. She gave it to me telling me that she had many fond memories of him wearing this very one and helping her with the dishes after supper in the evenings in their wee little newlywed house - now there's a good fellow! I like to think of them when I wear it to do my chores :)

100_1800.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Hamilton_Honey said:
Well, today is so lovely out that I just had to have a little bicycle ride - forgive the mussed hair...

100_1794.jpg

And since I have company coming from california for a visit tomorrow, it's time to tidy up the house! Head scarf: check. Pinny: check. Dust mitt: check.

This is my favorite apron because of the romance - My dear friend Ellie (who worked a government office job during WWI) made it as part of a matched pair for herself and her DH. She gave it to me telling me that she had many fond memories of him wearing this very one and helping her with the dishes after supper in the evenings in their wee little newlywed house - now there's a good fellow! I like to think of them when I wear it to do my chores :)

100_1800.jpg

Can you be any cuter?! I simply love your outfit!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner