Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Hamilton_Honey said:
Chores around the place - and checking the mailbox. I made the shirt a while back from a 50's repro pattern (pockets were my own detail though)

100_1726.jpg
Very cute Honey, nice job on the shirt.

Boodles

A-List Customer
That sounds really good to me.

Please do keep me in mind.

Mountain Man said:
- this one and the other greenish gray tweed were both from fabric I ordered online and gave to the tailor. If I decide to sell it I will let you know - or if I go back to the 'Stan this year, I will get you to send me your dimensions!

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
These pictures were taken at the end of a long day, so I'm a little rumpled.

'46 suit
Radiac collar
'Swank' collar bar
Snap cufflinks
'30s tie
Gray spats
Silk square
Light tan leather gloves
Fox umbrella
Dunn & Co bowler
'40s overcoat with linen square

The overcoat is quite nipped in at the waist, but it doesn't look it in the picture. I'll have to get one head-on next time.

DSC03014.jpg

DSC03016.jpg

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
Nick D said:

'46 suit
Radiac collar
'Swank' collar bar
Snap cufflinks
'30s tie
Gray spats
Silk square
Light tan leather gloves
Fox umbrella
Dunn & Co bowler

The overcoat is quite nipped in at the waist, but it doesn't look it in the picture. I'll have to get one head-on next time.

DSC03014.jpg

DSC03016.jpg

Excellent Sunday outfit!! I wish I could pull off the spats and bowler - I once had both but never could carry the look - they look perfectly natural on you!

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
A rainy, cold day in WNC

This is yet another Afghan-made suit. This one is actually a 4 pc ( vest & 2 pr of pants), 3 button with peaked lapels, but did not wear the vest today. The material is hard to see - it is a camel flannel with woven in slubs of red, green, yellow, & blue - reminescent at first glance of a Donegal tweed, but actually has a soft, fairly dense flannel texture. Will post one in better light with vest later on.

IMG_2293.jpg

Bugsy

One Too Many
Nick D said:

'46 suit
Radiac collar
'Swank' collar bar
Snap cufflinks
'30s tie
Gray spats
Silk squareAlways a pleasure. I really like the shoter hair too.
Light tan leather gloves
Fox umbrella
Dunn & Co bowler

DSC03014.jpg

DSC03016.jpg

ALways a pleasure to see your pictures. I like the shorter hair too.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Out and about in the slush and salt today.
Maine hunting shoes, Eastern European paratrooper pants, koto workshirt. Not pictured: gray adventurebilt, Canadian '60s issue Pea Coat

P1010970.jpg

Bugsy

One Too Many
Dinerman said:
Out and about in the slush and salt today.
Maine hunting shoes, Eastern European paratrooper pants, koto workshirt. Not pictured: gray adventurebilt, Canadian '60s issue Pea Coat

P1010970.jpg

You have so many different looks and each one you carry off with great aplomb and style. :eusa_clap

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Mountain Man said:
This is yet another Afghan-made suit. This one is actually a 4 pc ( vest & 2 pr of pants), 3 button with peaked lapels, but did not wear the vest today. The material is hard to see - it is a camel flannel with woven in slubs of red, green, yellow, & blue - reminescent at first glance of a Donegal tweed, but actually has a soft, fairly dense flannel texture. Will post one in better light with vest later on.

IMG_2293.jpg

Great style:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Hamilton_Honey said:
Chores around the place - and checking the mailbox. I made the shirt a while back from a 50's repro pattern (pockets were my own detail though)

100_1726.jpg
Which pattern is this? It's perfect!

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Dinerman love that look, those pants are fantastic! When you say East European, what do you mean precisely?

Nick D, great as always, keeping that bar set high!

Creeping Past

One Too Many
Mountain Man said:
This is yet another Afghan-made suit.

I'm enjoying your Afghan collection. Thanks for posting these. You've got some good results. I'm guessing the tailor was smart and skillful. Did you have to ask for many adjustments and/or alterations?

Was the fabric for this suit obtained over there or out of country. I think many of us would like to know.

Thanks again.

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
Creeping Past said:
I'm enjoying your Afghan collection. Thanks for posting these. You've got some good results. I'm guessing the tailor was smart and skillful. Did you have to ask for many adjustments and/or alterations?

Was the fabric for this suit obtained over there or out of country. I think many of us would like to know.

Thanks again.

The little guy was pretty good, but certain concepts he could not grasp - he would not produce a 6 button vest, and I always had to return the jackets for a lapel buttonhole. Also, I had to get all the trousers shortened - he invariably cut them way too long.

The fabric for most of them was from over there - he had some that had English and Italian labels on the bolts, but I suspect they were from Pakistan or India. I bought some decent material online and he made suits out of it that drape a lot better and feel sturdier. This particular suit was made from his fabric - he actually had this for overcoat material.

Creeping Past

One Too Many
Mountain Man said:
The little guy was pretty good, but certain concepts he could not grasp - he would not produce a 6 button vest, and I always had to return the jackets for a lapel buttonhole. Also, I had to get all the trousers shortened - he invariably cut them way too long.

The fabric for most of them was from over there - he had some that had English and Italian labels on the bolts, but I suspect they were from Pakistan or India. I bought some decent material online and he made suits out of it that drape a lot better and feel sturdier. This particular suit was made from his fabric - he actually had this for overcoat material.

Very interesting, MM. Thanks.

On a slight diversion, I didn't get a lapel buttonhole on a suit I had made in West Yorkshire. Maybe there's an obscure tailoring tradition link there...

Boodles

A-List Customer
Nick D - Really Sharp Look. Spats Sizing?

Nick D sir, can you share any information with us on how spats are sized? I recall one pair on the 'bay sometime back which was listed as a 5. Do you know how that translates to a shoe size, say in my own case of being a size 10? Thank you.

Nick D said:

'46 suit
Radiac collar
'Swank' collar bar
Snap cufflinks
'30s tie
Gray spats
Silk square
Light tan leather gloves
Fox umbrella
Dunn & Co bowler

Panache

A-List Customer
Cycling outfit

My lovely Flame-Haired Celtic Amazon Goddess and I finally got around to taking our old 1971 Schwinn Twinn bicycle into the shop for some much needed repairs. Afterwards we thought that it would be practical to add some baskets to it (so we could save gas and the environment a bit by doing some of our shopping by bicycle). It gave the Schwinn a bit of a vintage look and that got me to thinking about what would be the appropriate cycling wear for a gentleman.

Here is the result

dsc01734.jpg

Here is a more vintage version

I have read that some bicycle clubs put on "Tweed Rides" where the cyclists dress in vintage attire for leisurely journeys between cafes or pubs. I think this ensemble would be just the thing for one.

Cheers

Jamie

Scotus

One of the Regulars
You look smashing, Jamie. That's just the thing flat caps were invented for, right :) (which looks much better in the black & white, given my feelings on tartan flat caps). ;)

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Back when I had a bike (I haven't touched one in at least ten years!), I loved cycling. That's a real neat getup you got there, Jamie. I love the tandem bike, too! The baskets are a nice & handy touch. Do you have a dynamo headlamp on it as well?

Panache

A-List Customer
Shangas said:
I love the tandem bike, too! The baskets are a nice & handy touch. Do you have a dynamo headlamp on it as well?

Shangas,

I'd love to put one on but the bicycle shops I visited only seemed to have the modern style headlamps. Also with the basket I'm not quite sure where to mount one.

Cheers

Jamie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy