Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
P1010872.jpg

P1010875.jpg

P1010876.jpg

P1010877.jpg

Scotus

One of the Regulars
Dinerman, I really like that photo. You remind me of someone in a movie, playing the part of a young man nervously waiting outside an office for an interview. :)

alden405

A-List Customer
Darhling said:
Gotta hurry and get ready, so no picture (of me) yet, maybe tomorrow.

Datenight! Blue chinese dress, red Louboutins, Veronica Lake hair in super rich brunette with red lips.

asiandress1.jpg

DSCN0382-1.jpg

i am without speech

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Hamilton_Honey said:
Dahrling, you are just a doll - and a card! I'm drinking some ice water right now to cool off :)

Here's little me at my Library job today. No glasses, though. Ralph Lauren silk shirt with ruffles and puff sleeves, rayon gabardine skirt I made from 1940's pattern, late 30's / early 40's mesh and leather peeptoe oxfords and modern stockings, because I don't want to ruin my vintage ones at work. Oh, and my favorite vintage watch so I can give people the 15 minute warning for computers!

atthelibrary.jpg

Yep, I sure do *not* fit in in this town, but I like it that way :D

Now if you were back at Hamilton Field, you'd have to be part of the historical re-enactment team! Very authentic-looking!

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Nick D said:
Here's a picture of me after 57 hours of dealing with airlines, cancellations, delays, closed airports, late trains, and lost luggage (which is thankfully now on the way). I wore my suit there and back so I didn't have to pack it. Trouble was, I put on a few pounds over the holidays, so it's fitting a bit snug now. I'll just have to work hard to lose it.

DSC02978.jpg

I know that this was posted about a week ago, Nick, but I must say that I like your ensemble, and the moustache. Smashing! And good to see someone travelling in suit and hat. When I was in the Army, I made it a point to often wear my full "Regimentals," as you would say it, on the plane. I'm going to southern Brazil at the end of March, and plan to wear a light-weight wool suit and straw hat on the jet, since it will be late-summer/early-autumn there.

mike

Call Me a Cab
thunderw21 said:
Had this suit for 2 years, wore it for the first time today. A lot of positive comments about it!

Originally from "Frankel's" in Des Moines, Iowa. Early '40s.

me134.jpg

Fantastic! Reminds me of Raul Roulien's suit from the 1933 sci-fi/comedy/musical, It's Great to Be Alive! He wears a very similar suit in the scene where he takes off in his biplane over the Pacific Ocean, only to be lost at sea while all other fertile men on earth die from a strange disease! Once he is discovered on a desert island, all the countries of Earth compete for his attention by interpretive dance in a contest to be the first to repopulate their respective homeland. I'd say that was one lucky suit, wear it in good health!

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Here's today:

Brown 60s (I think) Harris tweed jacket
Green/brown tweed trousers
Brown brogues
Vintage collar marked 'Belfast'
Silk bow
Pocket watch in breast pocket
Retractable chain cufflinks

DSC03002.jpg

While in the queue in the post office (with a grey fedora and Fox umbrella) the girl behind said I looked like the last tzar of Russia. I told her I was a Nick but not Russian. She was very embarrassed but I told her not to worry about it, and we talked while we waited about school and such. She thought it odd I get called Indiana Jones on the street. Another man in the queue said I looked very 1930s, which I like since it's my favorite period in terms of style.

I'm still getting used to having short hair again.

Cheers
Nick

Bugsy

One Too Many
Nick D said:
Here's today:

Brown 60s (I think) Harris tweed jacket
Green/brown tweed trousers
Brown brogues
Vintage collar marked 'Belfast'
Silk bow
Pocket watch in breast pocket
Retractable chain cufflinks

DSC03002.jpg

While in the queue in the post office (with a grey fedora and Fox umbrella) the girl behind said I looked like the last tzar of Russia. I told her I was a Nick but not Russian. She was very embarrassed but I told her not to worry about it, and we talked while we waited about school and such. She thought it odd I get called Indiana Jones on the street. Another man in the queue said I looked very 1930s, which I like since it's my favorite period in terms of style.

I'm still getting used to having short hair again.

Cheers
Nick

Elegant and regal to the max. I like the short hair and think you look very much like Victoria's son, Edward.

Mysterious Mose

Practically Family
thunderw21 said:
Had this suit for 2 years, wore it for the first time today. A lot of positive comments about it!

me135.jpg

Nice tweeds! Donegal? The top button unbuttoned makes it a little loose around your collar. I'd like to see it with some seriously chunky knitwear, (blue) flannel shirt and a wool (plaid) tie. Old fashioned, I like.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
worn to a Ragtime concert

Worn yesterday afternoon to a in-home Parlor Ragtime Concert in El Sobrante, CA. The excellent pianist for this was family friend Frederick Hodges, the vocalist who joined him for the second half of the concert was Miss Ann Gibson. Our son attended the concert with me. The homeowner that hosted the concert has four vintage player pianos, that we all enjoyed hearing after the performers.

Thoroughly modern me: with newly done slightly darker hair color (DaVinci Golden Brown), black knit dress, black ballroom shoes, pearl stud earrings, favorite Miriam Haskel pearl cuff, leopard print belt. Oh, a bit of change on my makeup seen here- or the lack thereof... no lip liner or lipstick. Sir Frederick does not like having lipstick stains on his face, from when I kiss his cheek!

whole outfit:
381396702.jpg

hallelujah! Finally a recent head shot I'm pretty happy with...​
381396961.jpg

Slim Portly

One Too Many

Widebrim said:
And good to see someone travelling in suit and hat.
Agreed. I always wear a suit and hat when flying. On my recent trip home I wore a three-piece green suit with brown-on-brown oxfords and my brown Dobb's Fifth Ave., and pocket watch with double Albert chain. Because my destination was cold and rainy I also wore a tweed overcoat and plaid scarf. I have learned to arrive at the airport with a small bag containing watch and chain, suspenders, cufflinks, tie pin, collar bar, writing pens, loose coins, and sleeve garters, and I make haste for a men's room immediately after surviving the metal detector to finish donning my sundries.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
think that a few pounds does not make a difference?

Well, guess again. Here is definitive proof to refute that! I was posting this very recent pic (taken yesterday 1/17/2010) into the same PictureTrail album that had a picture of my wearing the exact same outfit during the summer. Both pictures taken in the same location, even same time of the day, same camera and photographer.

The difference is 14 lbs! I started working in earnest mid August 09 to lose the stress weight I had gained over several months. My eating habits frankly have changed little, but I got more serious about doing my exercise classes at the local YMCA. I do a real mixed bag of exercise there; Pilates, Zumba, lap swimming, free weights, and BodyVive group exercise classes. I get to ballroom dance events when I can find them.

after: mid January 2010
381396702.jpg

before: summer 2009
373070805.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari