Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
Another suit made in Afghanistan

This one was made by the same guy, in a Harris houndstooth check - the entire outfit consists of new clothing - my only vintage item was my wristwatch. The bow tie was made by the Bow Tie Club, the hat is an Akubra Federation IV, the shoes are Wright's Arch Preservers with rubber soles (rained all day), and the overcoat is a Barbour Beauchamp.
DSCF0013.jpg

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Mountain Man said:
This one was made by the same guy, in a Harris houndstooth check - the entire outfit consists of new clothing - my only vintage item was my wristwatch. The bow tie was made by the Bow Tie Club, the hat is an Akubra Federation IV, the shoes are Wright's Arch Preservers with rubber soles (rained all day), and the overcoat is a Barbour Beauchamp.
DSCF0013.jpg

Very nice!

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Widebrim, Slim, and Bugsy.

I enjoyed flying in a suit, and I'll do it more often now (though I don't like flying and try to keep it at an absolute minimum).

Widebrim, there were a whole lot of US servicemen on the long flight (bound for Frankfurt), but none in full uniform.

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
BinkieBaumont said:
1189678143_1.jpg

"That West of England" tweed looks familiar "

3548662020_6a0a3a6bd6.jpg

That series was on for quite awhile here in the US - I used to watch it often and always enjoyed seeing the costuming almost as much as the great story lines. The actor who played "Tristan" went on to play Albert Campion in the dramatizations of Margery Allingham's stories (some wonderful suits on that series as well!)

Boodles

A-List Customer
Gees Hastings, I mean MM, are you listing that one on...

Say Mountain Man should I look for that gem on the 'bay? Fat chance, I guess. I really like that dog's tooth pattern. I've got two jackets with similar patterns, one is an Orvis the other is Dunn as I recall, both in Harris cloth.
The Dunn shows it age, the Orvis is very good (to my way of thinking).

Mountain Man said:
DSCF0013.jpg

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
No plans to sell this one right away but am trying to lose some weight, so who knows? I had several suits made over there, They look OK so far as the cut, but most of them were in fabric from the tailor's stock, which was not the best - this one and the other greenish gray tweed were both from fabric I ordered online and gave to the tailor. If I decide to sell it I will let you know - or if I go back to the 'Stan this year, I will get you to send me your dimensions!
Boodles said:
Say Mountain Man should I look for that gem on the 'bay? Fat chance, I guess. I really like that dog's tooth pattern. I've got two jackets with similar patterns, one is an Orvis the other is Dunn as I recall, both in Harris cloth.
The Dunn shows it age, the Orvis is very good (to my way of thinking).

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Greenish gray tweed sounds awesome! I wish mycustomtailor.com had green tweed! Wear a suit of that with red-lensed vintage glasses and I'd be the cat's pajamas!

HatRak

Familiar Face
Darhling said:
I love getting all dolled up on a weeknight to somewhere special :) :) :)

Black dress with double peplum, one in black, one in white
21012010007.jpg

The cutest WHITE kickpleat!!
21012010004.jpg

Darhling, weeknight or otherwise, I hope you never run out of reasons to get all dolled up. No one does it better than you!

Hatrak

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff