Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are your 2019 leather jacket buying plans or aspirations?

Salatape

New in Town
Plan is to buy a brown half belt jacket. Don't know which maker or leather yet but I'm open to suggestions

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
My plan is to sell all which I don't wear anymore and then AFTER that is done, get two last exit-jackets. A Johnson Leather Trucker and a Aero Brown CLX Bootlegger with mouton collar. I have no rush on either of these two projects though, I'm feeling the need much lesser these days than I used to. I rarely even check eBay. May actually be done after these two.

I am looking at boots a lot lately, though. Alden, Dinkelacker and then there's all those fancy-colored Doc Martens 1460s..

Dav

One Too Many
Think this year I deserve another A-2, a trip down to Eastman seems in order. Also hoping to come across an older Marino Irvin, still not over the shearling bug, or if things go well I'd love a Devon fleece one. Bit pie in the sky though that but you never know. Size 44 if anyone's selling ;)

Mysteryo

One Too Many
I have a Buco J31 "Topflite", design collab with Diamond Dave, in order.
Black Chrome tanned Horween HH, nos brass zipper,...
Very excited by this project

s-l1600-24.jpg

Edward

Bartender
WE're considering moving house this year, so I may or may not be in a position to think about jackets. That said, I have three or four I need to sell in order to raise some funds for new stuff. When I clear those out, I have my eye on a slightly modified Aero 30sHB, a Goldtop 59, and Aero Shackletons in both brown and black.

zebedee

One Too Many
Eh, I'm going to order a Teamster in russet mid-weight jerky as soon as I've sold some of the other ones. How exactly does the bi-swing back on a Teamster work? Is it elasticated?
J.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, I have quite a few ones scheduled to be completed early this year, and quite a few ideas that will push the limits :)

Colin G

One Too Many
I am kicking off 2019 with a White's Boots purchase since no jacket purchases are planned.

More than likely a 6" Bounty Hunter in dress brown, then onto a custom Wesco 7400 or 30's style engineer boot.

The boot size Baker Shoe think I should be in seems way off to what I have been reading about how they are sized, so I have a feeling the boots will have to be remade so I am ordering now in time for spring. I am being proactive and counting on a remake. Lol.

Colin G

One Too Many
I started this thread yesterday, saying no jackets would be on the horizon for 2019.

For some reason I can't stop staring at a Freewheelers Switchyard jacket. Before today I had zero interest in Shinki and zero interest in Japanese leather.

????? TFL effect be damned.

Of course, for that kind of cash, I'd keep my money in Canada and get a Himel Canuck for the same price.

Last edited:

KentH

Familiar Face
I have a Real Deal A2 currently on order with Aero in Seal Jerky w/rust knits and I am contemplating ordering the Aero A1 in Russet Vicenza later this year to get a change of pace from the A2 yet still stay with a military look...

Kent

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Around this time last year I decided to buy me a cheap wested indy (which is great for the money) and stop buying leather jackets and save some money. By christmas I had kept my promise, however I had spent a lot on a pair of shell cordovan Alden boots and two pairs of Crockett Jones and I am planning to go for a 2nd pair of Alden Shells. The problem is that I do not own a long black leather coat to match my black shoes. I need an aero cheyenne, black vicenza, lined in blue tweed. And then I'm done (financially).

AlexB

One of the Regulars
Hopefully my second Aero, a Cordovan Ridley will arrive in February. So excited for this thing. Not sure if I put too many thought in the jacket but I consulted with Tony who was working on his „last“ Crosszip in parallel. My plan is to safe some iterations[emoji28]

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ