1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

What are your 2019 leather jacket buying plans or aspirations?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Colin G, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Grayland

Grayland One Too Many

I bought the JL Chukkas in black and love them - so much that I'm considering the burgundy version in place of the Road Champs.

Dav likes this.
  2. sweetfights

sweetfights One Too Many

THREE sounds about right!

ton312 likes this.
  3. sweetfights

sweetfights One Too Many

Took Brian 6 months to make my boots. Worth the wait.

Dav likes this.
  4. Dav

Dav One Too Many

Oh yes they most certainly are. My first pair took 17 months to arrive, hope this pair arrive sooner than that.

sweetfights likes this.
  5. VestCoast

VestCoast New in Town

I was thinking about ordering a custom Ridley in cordovan at some point, no immediate plans but I can't wait to see how yours turns out! That pattern looks incredible and I'd love to have some cordovan hide at some point.

blaupulp likes this.
  6. torfjord

torfjord A-List Customer

Great thread! My plan is to buy nothing at all next year, unless I manage to secure the funds by selling any jackets that get less wear. I recently started working part time, and while it is nice to have more free time, it has really had an effect on leather jacket disposable income.

So I’m afraid this’ll be mostly a spectator sport for me in 2019. With that said, my long term plan is to have two colder weather jackets, and two warmer weather jackets. One black and one brown of each. I have been obsessing over a grizzly jacket and a premier highwayman in the past couple of weeks.

I currently have one cold weather (aero blizzard) and four warm weather jackets (30’s halfbelt, dustbowl, Hooch hauler, Aeromarine, all in different shades of brown).
    The Hooch hauler and the blizzard definitely stays, everything else is under consideration.

Black blizzard, brown grizzly, brown Hooch hauler, black premier highwayman, wouldn’t that be a well rounded and versatile collection?

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

7. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 Call Me a Cab

I just have The Duke and he won't be offered .

Not sure what will go up for sale. I don't have many contemporary jackets left. There will be an assortment of Vintage which I have many. One of the new jackets is already moving on.

I don't really have a clear goal as yet.

AbbaDatDeHat and sweetfights like this.
  8. jeo

jeo One of the Regulars

I’ve had many leather jacket purchase aspirations, but would consider only one to be the end all be all, an original 30’s Sears Hercules in my size. Since it’s not likely to find one, for 2019 if I could find my ultimate cafe racer and flight jacket, I will be content.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie One Too Many

Looking forward to seeing what treasures you are putting up this time. I'm thrilled every time, unfortunately no deal for me yet..

tmitchell59 likes this.
  10. El Marro

El Marro Practically Family

Something along these lines will be coming my way in the next couple months:
    BD0CEE43-8359-4C0A-B211-2931B385B7AD.jpeg

11. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

My goals:
    • Find a Scarecrow/Yah-Ta-Hey jacket in my size, in a style that suits me, at a price I can afford.
    • Sell off some redundant jackets in my collection.
    • Wear the keepers as much as possible.

12. ron521

ron521 One of the Regulars

My "apiration" would be to reduce the number of leather jackets, since I have more than I can easily wear at present. It's not really a reflection on any of the individual jackets, just that I don't have opportunity to wear them, and would rather someone else have them who WOULD wear them.

ProteinNerd and tmitchell59 like this.
  13. JMax

JMax One Too Many

I recently sold off 4 jackets and may put a couple more for sale. I will watch for old police jackets at low prices but will probably make do with what I have. Time to enjoy those I own instead of looking for the next jacket.

14. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

I live in hope that one of these days the forces of the universe will come together in such a way that, at the exact moment I actually have a little spare cash, Terry will be offering the perfect black jacket in my size (38). As my law-school kid just got himself a well-paid internship, the possibility meter has just up-ticked a few notches that this could actually happen.

ton312 and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  15. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat My Mail is Forwarded Here

For the record....my record to me.
    NO more jackets, hats, boots till i sell a butt-load of em. Seems my dog is having a hard time finding a place to lay down!
    There....i said it out loud!!
    B
    Ps: unless....nvm

16. Griffwillj

Griffwillj New in Town

Just got my new sheepskin biker from schott. Amazing jacket and addition to many others. Addicted...

17. seres

seres A-List Customer

I've been THINKING about an Aero Route 66 in cordovan Steer. I haven't spoken to Carrie about this yet, but I've seen several examples on this site (and a nice one for sale, but too small), so it may be time...

18. dubpynchon

dubpynchon A-List Customer

I still hope to find a cross zip I like and don't end up selling for some reason that seems silly in hindsight, maybe a vintage Vanson Model E if I can find one like @AbbaDatDeHat's (very doubtful). Other than this, no jackets for me this year I think, I spent too much on them last year.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 9:24 PM
    AbbaDatDeHat likes this.
  19. Boyo

Boyo Practically Family

Only eleven days into the new year and I cracked... I bought an A-2 from VLJ classifieds....

ProteinNerd, Carlos840 and Lebowski like this.
  20. Lebowski

Lebowski A-List Customer

Well, Boyo - you forgot to write GW A-2... These two letters explain (and excuse)) lots (if not everything)))
    Nice deal, congrats!

Boyo likes this.