Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are your favorite colors?

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Generally my single favorite color is yellow, followed by orange. Perfect for flowers, fabrics, wall paint, and cars.

But I can't wear it much, 'cause when I do I look like a pink-and-yellow Easter egg.:rage: So I like to wear most shades of green, and clear cranberry red, and black.

And in the garden I love purple and orange as well as yellow.

So in order; sunny yellow, most shades of green, clear bright orange, black, purple, deep jewel red.

And my favorite metal is yellow gold.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I love the colours, and colour combinations, used in the Golden Era. For instance, I've seen 55 year old gab shirts in a rich peach, and in a real banana yellow - not a pastel lemon, not a bright yellow, but a hue I haven't seen in any other clothing.

A friend of mine has a two-tone 40's dress, in a coffee-brown color with dark chocolate-coloured accents. Burgundy and cream is another combination I've seen that looks great.

I think there were colours used then that we don't see used today. I also love vibrant colours - rich purples, reds and azure.

LaMedicine

One Too Many
Ivory. Moss green, olive green. Bronze, gold. Tomato red, rust, terracotta, burnt sienna, aubergine, burgandy, chocolate brown, taupe.

BTW, what's up? I tried to post this earlier, and came up twice with server error....:(
Then couldn't even bring the site up:( :(

RetroMom

One of the Regulars
I love hunter green, red, robin's egg blue and gray as single colors.

For combos: navy and gray, black and almost any color (pink, turquoise, white...), green and pink and I also love the new combo this season of chocolate brown combined with certain shades of blue. Yummy!:)

Novella

Practically Family
Brown is every shade is my most favorite of favorite colors. But it's trailed very, very closely by green in a variety of shades - sage, moss, emerald, olive, grass, and other nouns that have been turned into ways to describe green. Other colors in my 'fanastic colors' list include burgundy that leans toward red, wheat, cream, and lately I've been having a navy blue and dull mustard yellow phase.

In clothing I generally steer clear of yellow and white, even though I have nothing against the colors, they just refuse to look good on me. Black is good for clothing.

AtomicBlonde

One of the Regulars
PrettySquareGal said:
The spring fashions would have me look like an Easter egg. As a friend of mine said, pastels suck the life out of your soul.

hahahaha... I can see why some people dont like pastels. I however, am a natural blonde with blue eyes and fair skin. If I wear dark colors I end up looking terribly pale and somewhat morbid. I prefer the lighter colors since they compliment me so much better. :)

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
AtomicBlonde said:
hahahaha... I can see why some people dont like pastels. I however, am a natural blonde with blue eyes and fair skin. If I wear dark colors I end up looking terribly pale and somewhat morbid. I prefer the lighter colors since they compliment me so much better. :)

Oh yes, I can understand. We should connect at holiday time; perhaps we can regift if you get black tops and I get pastels (it has happened!). :D

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I loved it in The Addams Family (movie) when Morticia told Debbie that she didn't mind her manipulating, gold digging, making a boy-toy out of Uncle Fester, and keeping him enslaved, but then dropped the bombshell: "But Debbie, pastels?" lol

I think I look good in pastels; dark colors make me look pale. I get the most compliments when I wear white.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I am a primary color sort of gal and do love the color red. I look OK in it, but not as good as some of my olive and brown-skinned friends. Sigh!

All my cars in adulthood have been red.

Favorite color combos are red & blue or red & black. For some reason, I look good in a camel colored blazer or shirt jacket.

Also look good in royal blue, which I have been told is the color I look best in, also varying shades of pink from light pastel pink to flaming fushia. I like sage green, even army green, and a cheery yellow, a rich brown.

I avoid wearing all white, as I am heavy, and do not want to look like Moby Dick walking down the street. All black, though, is cool, as is black and white.

For some weird reason, I hate orange and look awful in it. Don't understand: if you mix my favorite color with a cheery yellow, you get orange, but the color is so repugnant to me, that I can actually get nauseous looking at it for very long. Some light greens do not look good on me, and most pastels are boring to me.

karol

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Paisley said:
I loved it in The Addams Family (movie) when Morticia told Debbie that she didn't mind her manipulating, gold digging, making a boy-toy out of Uncle Fester, and keeping him enslaved, but then dropped the bombshell: "But Debbie, pastels?" lol

That's hilarious! Thanks for sharing that. :)

Etienne

A-List Customer
Karol, are you a dark brunette, by any chance? Because I love those same colors and dislike the same ones, too! I adore black and white, navy, deep violet, electric blue, deep fuschia, rich bluish-red, and deep, dark emerald green. But orange and anything even close to pea green is DEATH on me! And I rarely wear mixed colors except for a color plus white or a color plus black. I am a true "winter".

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Etienne -- Looks like I am a true "winter" too. (Never recalled what colors those seasons represented or which one I was).

Actually, my true hair color was a dark ash blonde or light brown. Now, I am decidedly gray, which delights me. My coloration is average, neither pale nor swarthy. I have dark blue eyes that pick up the blue colors I wear, especially royal blue.

Many years ago, I was a bottle blonde, again it was light ash blonde, as reddish highlights in my hair translate to orange and I looked hideous. Once I had to dye my hair dark warm brown for a theatrical production I was in and I do not look bad in that color at all.

I cannot figure out why certain orange colors make me nauseous -- that is so weird. Maybe I got sick once on a NeHi orange drink or something. That is the exact color that makes me turn pea green, another color I avoid.

karol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails