Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are your favorite colors?

ITG

Call Me a Cab
My favorite color is yellow. I have yellow walls throughout my house. I attribute my liking to yellow to my years of loving Winnie-the-Pooh. HOwever, the color on me is not my favorite. In terms of clothing colors, I prefer wearing blues and reds and blacks.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Like others my color choices depend on where they are being used.
For instance:I love my husband in pretty much any shade of blue,but refuse to decorate in blue.
The only shade of blue I own is navy,which I love to pair with yellow or red and white.
Red is my absolute favorite color,but since i have red hair,other than my lipstick i rarely wear it.
I love pink,purple,chartreuse,kelly green,aubergine,pumpkin,coral,lemon yellow,honey brown,chocolate brown,antique white,black and ivory.

Dan G

One of the Regulars
Red, white, and wait for it, wait for it... blue!
Does two tone sunburst count? Kind of like a tobacco sunburst. yealol

Color My World

Well...basically "blue".
However...being an artist...I find great joy in mixing my own colors for certain subjects. Using different shades of green and blue then brighting it with a dab of off white..or toning it down with grey or brown for certain underwater scenes. Fading red for old barn slats..making shadow by softly darkening down. Adding a "touch" of golden yellow and a "dab" of lavender in white and off white clouds for specif effect. Finding a nice balance for skin tones....reflections. Sometimes a lucky mix of discovery that becomes my favorite color for that special moment.
Earthtones with splashes of color for certain cozy rooms. Perhaps soft pastels for more sunny areas. Bright for those with little light.
Sportscars and motorcycles...CandyAppleRed or Candy Red. Luxury motorcars...Silver or Metallic Grey.
A lady's dress? What color are her eyes? Her hair?
What color is my least favorite...? None! Even mud can be appealing with the right shadows..damp reflections..and mossy mushroom accessories...;)
HD

Amber DeCadence

One of the Regulars
My favourite colours have always been intense red, royal blue, imperial purple, duck egg and emerald green, but I have started to warm to pinks recently, especially when put with chocolate brown

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Red
All shades of Pink, but I like Hot Pink best.
Pink goes great with Silver or Black!

Those are my main favourites. Runners-up are:
Purple
Yellow
White

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
Blue (predominantly Navy Blue), Golden Yellow, Grey, Black (but only a little on myself), Cream, and White.

As for decor: Blue, Golden Yellow, Red, Green, Cream mostly, and a little Black. I do like to combine wood with metal (grey/silver and brown).

Prien

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Black. Red. Particularly together. They look quite fine with my two-toned black/platinum hair! I like colors that show that off to my advantage.

Pink is probably at the top, behind black. It is sexy and demure and I love it's association with girlish innocence (ha!). My bedroom is painted light pink and black.

Periwinkle brings out my blue eyes.

Liz

All shades of PINK!

I also like most pastels (I'm cool-toned and pale, so they look okay on me) and black and white.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
You know what?
I'm beginning to think that my favorite colors are SEPIA and BLACK&WHITE.
The colors of the past... yesterday's colors.
The heck with the rest! :p :p ;)

Brooksie

One Too Many
My very favorite color is cimson red!

For clothes I like all reds from stop sign red, cimson like I mentioned above, burgundy, antique red to dark orangy paparika reds, black, off white, gold, navy blue, turqoise & teal "think peacock feathers" (more on the blue side rather than green) chocolate brown, hot pink and light pink (light pink is the only pastel that I like and I usually combine it with chocolate brown or black) and I also like grey, silver and purples for clothing colors.

I tend to look better in cool tones (I am a winter) but I can get away with some golds and deep orangy reds if I wear them with black or chocolate brown. Also even though I am a winter I look far better in cream rather than pure stark white-it washes me out.

I pastels wash me out big time, and I look terrible in drab greens actually pretty much all greens except the more bluer greens.

For house colors, I owned a house that I painted barn red with white trim at one time and I loved it. Someday I want another barn red house!

For the inside I would love to have a pale (inside of a bannana peel color) for my kitchen walls with red, green and sunshine yellow accesories. (Think 1940's and fruity patterns!)

I woul love to have a bathroom with gumball red walls and white trim.

I have some thoughts on what I would like for the rest of my house (when I have another house that is) but it is quite detailed so I will not go into it right now.

Brooksie

lindylady

A-List Customer
PINK, PINK, AND MORE PINK! I like all shades of the color, with the exception of hot pink or bright neon pink. Other than that, I do like soft champagne colors

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Oooh! I missed this one....

To wear: All true blues, white, black, browns, red and pink
For a kitchen: Yellow!
For roses: white and lavendar
For hollyhocks: A red so dark it's almost black..

Overall: BLUE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo