Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What can I wear a wool tie with?

Jefferson Smith

New in Town
I just bought a couple of wool ties with my grandmother's family tartan on them, but I'm not sure what I can wear them with. I generally see them being worn with tweed, which I don't have yet. What else can they be worn with? Can they be worn with suits?

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Yup, wool ties are 're great with suits or odd jackets for fall and winter. Just about anywhere you'd wear a silk tie, you can wear a wool one. It just depends on the color and pattern. Some look almost like sportcoat material and are more casual, others are fine wool challis woven or printed with nice patterns that are more formal. Tartans, I think, would be pretty versatile.

EvenOdd

New in Town
I had never seen a wool tie until last week in a store. They caught my eye and I just had to pick a couple up. I got a plain brown one and a faded green with a little hay colored stripes in it. Plaid-ish, but very feint. A tie is a tie, I'm sure it goes well with anything (while not forgetting color/pattern matching).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick