Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Cap Are You Wearing Today?

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Branching out into more caps lately, and recently noticed this thread. Reposting from the WHAYWT thread. One of Damian's earlier models if I'm not mistaken.

3f7a8484e96b9402eedaf5d0cb26f33c.jpg
622752c6b076c78be5964d6a574302af.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 61777
We too had a dusting this morning,Eric,same cap,a favorite.

Lovely cap for a snowy day. The pics that you and Harv showed motivated me on this cap - I am more than pleased. I believe that Damian is an excellent value for modern caps.

I am enjoying the Damian "fuller" caps as an option to the Cordova more streamlined caps. Some moments you wish a fuller cap and others not. Great to have choices.

Not sure if this is the correct thread but I want to place an order early in the new year for a bespoke summer linen newsboy. Any of you cap lovers have any suggestions? I prefer a not too "full" but something light, unlined to wear during the heat of the summer.

RJR

Not sure if this is the correct thread but I want to place an order early in the new year for a bespoke summer linen newsboy. Any of you cap lovers have any suggestions? I prefer a not too "full" but something light, unlined to wear during the heat of the summer.
My best suggestion is to read this entire thread for background information.Visit a number of the websites/FB pages you find referenced.Once you start,you'll have several for different moods.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

+1 to RJR's reply. Hard to offer advise on such a personal purchase.

Here are a couple of my summer weight caps in a variety of fabrics.

Linen

i-HMBmc7k-M.jpg

Linen with no liner, just a tip

i-Zwc6JNL-M.jpg

i-LJHf7sg-L.jpg

Cotton

i-hZ7JM6s-M.jpg

i-hdL6wxJ-M.jpg

Wool/silk with removable liner

i-gSgBQ3B-M.jpg

i-dFxp2Dw-M.jpg

Good luck on the hunt! You are starting with plenty of time to start getting some warmer caps ready.

Hope I have helped. Best, Eric -

+1 to RJR's reply. Hard to offer advise on such a personal purchase.

Here are a couple of my summer weight caps in a variety of fabrics.

Linen

i-HMBmc7k-M.jpg

Linen with no liner, just a tip

i-Zwc6JNL-M.jpg

i-LJHf7sg-L.jpg

Cotton

i-hZ7JM6s-M.jpg

i-hdL6wxJ-M.jpg

Wool/silk with removable liner

i-gSgBQ3B-M.jpg

i-dFxp2Dw-M.jpg

Good luck on the hunt! You are starting with plenty of time to start getting some warmer caps ready.

Hope I have helped. Best, Eric -
Thanks, I am leaning toward a Cordova in linen, the green one is remarkable.

Edward

Bartender
Thanks, I am leaning toward a Cordova in linen, the green one is remarkable.

Of the artisan makers, I have caps from Hepville, Cordova and Barry Simmonds, all excellent. Hepville are a great choice if you like eight-panel style (I don't think Bela does any other cap pattern; the caps are just part of his line rather than the main focus). Cordova and Simmonds both do fantastic work in a range of styles - mine are all European-style eight-dart / flat top caps. All of them work with superb materials.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points