Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Cap Are You Wearing Today?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
It's been a while since I last showed up here. Been focusing exclusively on felts and my cap collection remained on beginer levels. Thought to stop by again, this time with some new gets in wider, vintage esque cuts. Still unsure if I qualify for your company just yet but bear with me, more to come ;)

Trying to decide between a SJC and a TF flatcap of different styles, colors, fabrics etc for a Saturday stroll. Could have been a London debate, but they are both sourced from EU
View attachment 587189 View attachment 587190

In the end I went with a TF but a different one, newsboy in thick Donegal herringbone tweed and even wider cut. Perhaps not the best match color wise, but was a rather cold day afterall.

View attachment 587188

I would like to thank everyone here for help and inspiration and for... adding another layer of complexity into my life :)

Wear them proudly as you look sharp in your caps. Thanks for sharing.

View attachment 587664 View attachment 587665 View attachment 587666
I am neither Greek or Fisherman, but I could not resist this iconic Greek Fisherman's cap. It is a made in the USA, sturdy, robust and well built leather cap. Not vintage but definitely old.

Caps are definitely not the same. Darn sharp. If I saw you out I would buy you a beverage.

A new Simonds Streamliner in grey linen. This is a nice fitting cap and should be the perfect warm weather head gear.

View attachment 590715 View attachment 590716 View attachment 590717 View attachment 590718 View attachment 590720 View attachment 590723

Congrats on your Simonds Streamline cap. The cap style attracts the eye. I like the size and drape of the cap on you. The side profile really showcases the gray linen cap. Bring on the warm weather as you appear prepared.

Cheers to all, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Business travels and tasks have distracted me from sharing the caps I have been wearing. Please see below a catch-up.

Diamond weave wool cap.

i-6jZ9SLd-M.jpg

i-cNHZkxL-M.jpg

i-vMdCq8R-M.jpg

i-XPkbG5G-M.jpg

i-qsVdb36-M.jpg

i-TwTgFLX-M.jpg

Red diamond weave cap.

i-RZnj6wQ-M.jpg

i-Z839zJt-M.jpg

i-WkZ4DPD-M.jpg

i-pVCMbMk-M.jpg

Heavy weight wool.

i-RwxQQ3M-M.jpg

i-6rDB3Jd-M.jpg

Heavy Fox Tweed cap.

i-g6GnwmS-M.jpg

i-8qsgG25-M.jpg

Harris Tweed wool cap.

i-kKsqJTW-M.jpg

i-dbXBQsQ-M.jpg

Well Dressed Head wool cap.

i-kxrbr4C-M.jpg

i-tgX2fh3-M.jpg

Cheers to all cap folks, Eric-

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Thank you Eric. A mighty nice showcase you have today as well. I'll keep watching for inspiration. I need a nice, warm tweed for next winter. While I love many of your brilliant colors, my wardrobe calls for mostly greys, browns or black. The devil in me whispers that perhaps I should throw caution to the wind and try red! What do you think?

Wear them proudly as you look sharp in your caps. Thanks for sharing.

Caps are definitely not the same. Darn sharp. If I saw you out I would buy you a beverage.

Congrats on your Simonds Streamline cap. The cap style attracts the eye. I like the size and drape of the cap on you. The side profile really showcases the gray linen cap. Bring on the warm weather as you appear prepared.

Cheers to all, Eric -

Continued....

Green Donegal cap.

i-Q8mpH4h-M.jpg

i-vnT3DXW-M.jpg

Charcoal Donegal cap.

i-gWRtXPV-M.jpg

i-VWgSqL8-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric-

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thank you Eric. A mighty nice showcase you have today as well. I'll keep watching for inspiration. I need a nice, warm tweed for next winter. While I love many of your brilliant colors, my wardrobe calls for mostly greys, browns or black. The devil in me whispers that perhaps I should throw caution to the wind and try red! What do you think?

I really do understand. Black and grey combos are my go-to's. I add others for "spice." I most frequently reach for red wool caps or the like for Fall and Winter for spice. Spring and Fall the wabash blue Cordova caps are my most frequently worn "spice" caps. Summer my straw caps are the easiest worn. I say this knowing that our summers last 2.5 months and that the balance of the year light, medium or heavy weight can be worn. FYI: I have really enjoyed the Caentino wool caps. They wear well, are appealing to the eye and unique.

Ask Cordova what red Tweed or medium weight fabrics he has in stock. He does have a good stock of fabrics. I will be putting together some fabric possibilities the next two months for caps next Fall and winter. Harris Tweed, Magee Wools and Fox Brother wools are what I will be using a sources for the fabrics. The fabrics can be ordered in and a cap created.

We have spoken about linens. I will watch and listen to you and others about how your linen caps wear. I like all the characteristics, except for the wrinkling and the effort drying and steaming them back into "shape."

I hope others can provide their sage wisdom as to choices. I will tune-in as I am curious to others thoughts and suggestions.

Eric.-

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Sounds good. I'd be interested in your seeing some of your fabric samples, Eric. Perhaps we could work something out to get a two hat deal!

I really do understand. Black and grey combos are my go-to's. I add others for "spice." I most frequently reach for red wool caps or the like for Fall and Winter for spice. Spring and Fall the wabash blue Cordova caps are my most frequently worn "spice" caps. Summer my straw caps are the easiest worn. I say this knowing that our summers last 2.5 months and that the balance of the year light, medium or heavy weight can be worn. FYI: I have really enjoyed the Caentino wool caps. They wear well, are appealing to the eye and unique.

Ask Cordova what red Tweed or medium weight fabrics he has in stock. He does have a good stock of fabrics. I will be putting together some fabric possibilities the next two months for caps next Fall and winter. Harris Tweed, Magee Wools and Fox Brother wools are what I will be using a sources for the fabrics. The fabrics can be ordered in and a cap created.

We have spoken about linens. I will watch and listen to you and others about how your linen caps wear. I like all the characteristics, except for the wrinkling and the effort drying and steaming them back into "shape."

I hope others can provide their sage wisdom as to choices. I will tune-in as I am curious to others thoughts and suggestions.

Eric.-

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Light grey newsboy cap for skin cancer surgery. Fortunately, this time it was basal cell. Previous surgery was melanoma. View attachment 592105

Dynamite choice for a surgery day. I am glad that basal cell was successful today.

My wife calls my recent surgeries "old guy tune-ups." Glad your "tune-up" turned out to be easy.

Sending healing wishes, Eric -

Light grey newsboy cap for skin cancer surgery. Fortunately, this time it was basal cell. Previous surgery was melanoma.

11 stitches, 4 under the skin and 7 on top.

Oooh. First up, nice cap! Second, congratulations for going from melanoma to basal cell carcinoma; both are survivable, but basal cell is almost completely harmless as long as you get it treated within a reasonable amount of time. All I have left from my basal cell surgery is a tiny round depression where they removed the "test sample" for the biopsy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

quikrick

One Too Many
A look at caps worn this week.

IMG_0005.jpeg

The Green Machine! A favorite by Cordova

IMG_0136.jpeg

The Victory by Keith Lo Bue at The Well Dressed Head

IMG_0291.jpeg

The Rockton in Rich dark red vintage wool, standard crown size by Cordova

IMG_0348.jpeg

The Rockton pleated cap in all it's bigness, large crown by Cordova

IMG_0077.jpeg

Me impersonating a Tough Guy for the weekend! Leather cap with black denim cross zip jacket AND a little bit of Debbie Harry.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
You and Eric are showing off some nice green caps these days. Just in time for St. Patrick's, I presume :)

A look at caps worn this week.

View attachment 593544
The Green Machine! A favorite by Cordova

View attachment 593545
The Victory by Keith Lo Bue at The Well Dressed Head

View attachment 593546
The Rockton in Rich dark red vintage wool, standard crown size by Cordova

View attachment 593547
The Rockton pleated cap in all it's bigness, large crown by Cordova

View attachment 593548
Me impersonating a Tough Guy for the weekend! Leather cap with black denim cross zip jacket AND a little bit of Debbie Harry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner