Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Cap Are You Wearing Today?

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I received this Simonds linen newsboy today just in time for my daily Corona Crawl down the hill and along the coastal path. I like it a lot.
IMG_6478.jpeg

IMG_6486.jpeg

IMG_6471.jpeg

IMG_6481.jpeg

IMG_20200329_143646.jpg

IMG_20200329_143441.jpg

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My caps from Keith were supposed to arrive between 3/27 and 4/3. On 4/8 I put in a notice for the caps with the Australian carrier. Last note on tracking said arrived at destination country 3/30 and left sorting facility 3/31.... sender was posting efforts to locate the cap then those disappeared and a new "parcel arrived at destination country" posted on my COVID-19 birthday, 4/14. So, hopefully this means they found the package and it's back on track! I was certain someone took the opportunity of this pandemic to pilfer my precious package of (nearly) purloined caps!

Hope springs eternal, or something like that...

That linen cap looks great on you @jonesy86 !

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I ordered a cap from Ireland and it was stuck in NY post office for 8 days, no explanation. Now I ordered one from England and it's been stuck in Heathrow for a day and a half, no idea when it will be sent on to the US:
15 Apr 2020 22:12 United Kingdom Consolidation Scan
15 Apr 2020 21:44 United Kingdom Consolidation Scan
15 Apr 2020 20:14 United Kingdom Consolidation Scan
15 Apr 2020 14:17 United Kingdom Consolidation Scan
15 Apr 2020 03:54 DPD Local Your parcel has left the United Kingdom and is on its way to Usa

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
My caps from Keith were supposed to arrive between 3/27 and 4/3. On 4/8 I put in a notice for the caps with the Australian carrier. Last note on tracking said arrived at destination country 3/30 and left sorting facility 3/31.... sender was posting efforts to locate the cap then those disappeared and a new "parcel arrived at destination country" posted on my COVID-19 birthday, 4/14. So, hopefully this means they found the package and it's back on track! I was certain someone took the opportunity of this pandemic to pilfer my precious package of (nearly) purloined caps!

Hope springs eternal, or something like that...

That linen cap looks great on you @jonesy86 !
Thanks, I'm pretty darn pleased with my Simonds. I bet your WDH caps show up soon, good luck.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
That is a nice one.
I have some masks coming from Monsavais, as well as an inquiry to see if they can make me a cap out of a light weight cloth suitable for the tropics.

I have a couple of his lighter unlined caps for warm weather. They work for Minnesota. Hawaii, I have to depend on your insight.

My visits to Hawaii have been in the fall season. I have visited the island of Oahu several times in the late 70's. Then again big island for a few years in the early 80's. Since retiring from long triathlons I have not visited Hawaii. I do need to correct this. My wife and I would like to vacation in Hawaii in the next couple years.

Pre-pandemic I was planning on being in Tokyo during July/August. That is not going to happen. In any case I had been working with Keith LoBlue to source a warmer weather cap. It has changed to a being a Fall cap. I received a couple suggestions today from Keith. This weekend I should finalize a new Fall cap.

Cheers sir. Enjoy your serious nice neighborhood.

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Stockbridge Sewing Canvas Cap:

Alex has it pinned down tight - you do resemble Quint in Jaws. I did not know the quote and when I looked it up via Google your doppelganger came up.

i-qGDqzDK-M.jpg

Stracciatella summer flatcap.
Thanks for sharing the pics of your blue wool cap. Must be warmer in your neighborhood to wear a summer cap. Congrats.

Yesterday I wore a Monsavias cap.

i-j9zt5vm-M.jpg

i-g9kMRCn-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
R. Lee Ermey remembrance cap :D

Sounds interesting. I love the Stracciatella gelato I've had in the past. Ritter even made a chocolate bar in that fashion.

Eric says you posted pics, but I don't see any. May be from a previous post?

I included the post/pics from last week Tuesday. Oops they do not accompany the quote - darn it. Anyways - last Tuesday.

Gelato - torture. I love well made gelato. It is truly a treat. That is something that I have failed miserably trying to make at home. Someday when the pandemic is at an end I look forward to having a gelato treat. It is something to look forward to.

Best wishes to all and their families for good physical and mental health, Eric -

Sounds interesting. I love the Stracciatella gelato I've had in the past. Ritter even made a chocolate bar in that fashion.

Eric says you posted pics, but I don't see any. May be from a previous post?

Made flash pics, right now. I just call it "Stracciatella flatcap".

Attachments

• IMGP7494.JPG
    IMGP7494.JPG
    361.2 KB · Views: 200
  • IMGP7495.JPG
    IMGP7495.JPG
    288.6 KB · Views: 196

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24