Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Cap Are You Wearing Today?

Fourman110

One of the Regulars
Finally getting the teardrop ready for a campout. Well Dressed Head is my cap of the day.
20200601_112325_copy_1209x1209.jpg

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
X2

The Masked Corona Crawl was officially canceled on June 1st. As we open up our island, I brushed off my beach chair, revved up the Prius, and hit the road for a tour of all of our breathtaking beaches that are normally a bit too crowded with tourists.

I received this cap yesterday from IDHatShop and am very pleased. It is an 8 panel shape, slightly larger than her Shelby, and is made from golden herringbone linen, a bronze snap, paisley lining, with a honey brown leather brim, and has a vintage petersham grosgrain headband.

I took it to the Tunnels Beach immediately, where it was christened by a light rain and a rainbow.

I think I’m going to order another cap from Irina right away.

Follow @IDHatShop & @idhatshop_men on Instagram to see my working process in real time in "stories";
IDHatShop on Pinterest, Facebook page and Amazon Handmade.
www.idhatshop.com

IMG_8510.jpeg
IMG_8532.jpeg

IMG_8519.jpeg

IMG_8575.jpeg

PS

Much of my life has been driven by trauma and fear. As I look at our world, and the suffering that is coming to the fore, I find myself with mixed emotions as I sit in beauty, comfort and peace. In the midst of all that is, I am grateful to be alive, in relative health, and in a place of ease. Yet, I feel the fear and the violence that I see, in a very real way, in one that is imprinted on a part of my brain that I cannot influence. I struggle to believe in hope, in beauty, in compassion, and in love.

May we all be happy, well, safe, and peaceful.

IMG_8540.jpeg

Last edited:
X2

The Masked Corona Crawl was officially canceled on June 1st. As we open up our island, I brushed off my beach chair, revved up the Prius, and hit the road for a tour of all of our breathtaking beaches that are normally a bit too crowded with tourists.

I received this cap yesterday from IDHatShop and am very pleased. It is an 8 panel shape, slightly larger than her Shelby, and is made from golden herringbone linen, a bronze snap, paisley lining, with a honey brown leather brim, and has a vintage petersham grosgrain headband.

I took it to the Tunnels Beach immediately, where it was christened by a light rain and a rainbow.

Follow @IDHatShop & @idhatshop_men on Instagram to see my working process in real time in "stories";
www.idhatshop.com

View attachment 239401
View attachment 239402
View attachment 239403
View attachment 239404

PS

Much of my life has been driven by trauma and fear. As I look at our world, and the suffering that is coming to the fore, I find myself with mixed emotions as I sit in beauty, comfort and peace. In the midst of all that is, I am grateful to be alive, in relative health, and in a place of ease. Yet, I feel the fear and the violence that I see, in a very real way, in one that is imprinted on a part of my brain that I cannot influence. I struggle to believe in hope, in beauty, in compassion, and in love.

View attachment 239405
Love the new cap

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Finally getting the teardrop ready for a campout. Well Dressed Head is my cap of the day. View attachment 239091

The cap is a standout and the fabric is fantastic. Enjoy the camping adventure.

X2

www.idhatshop.com

View attachment 239462 View attachment 239402
View attachment 239403
View attachment 239404

PS

View attachment 239405

Your pics flatter Hawaii and yourself. Your new cap compliments your backdrop and lifestyle. Cheers.

This morning finds me puttering in the yard as the the sun peeks over the horizon in a Well Dressed Head cap.

i-qMkN8HS-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Nothing better than a light weight, light colored linen Simonds 8 panel cap for a lazy tropical summer's day at the beach.
Headed just a bit North to Moloa'a bay to escape the pounding waves for a nice swim in calm waters. Practically no-one on the beach, a fisherman or two, someone picking up shells, a few families, but pretty quiet in the time of quarantine. Certainly a mixed blessing for many.
IMG_8700.jpeg

IMG_8696.jpeg

IMG_8677.jpeg

IMG_8720.jpeg

IMG_20200329_143441.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
My first "shopping foray" for 3 months was this morning at 11:00am. I have been to the grocery store, butcher shop, hardware store over the past months. Liquor, beer (our local brewery delivers to my door), other purchases/necessities and even personal goods are delivered. My first visit other than the before mentioned was the Tailor. It required an appointment a week ahead of time and waiting in the parking lot to be called and summoned into the shop. Picking up items from March, dropping off slacks and some outside work pants were on the agenda. It was my first. A unique moment that had me more excited than a trip to the tailor shop had ever been.

Anywho.... I wore a Well Dressed Head cap for the "momentous" occasion.

i-NGZQfnr-M.jpg

i-HZwzCLM-M.jpg

Finished with the excitement for the weekend, I went home and celebrated by sipping a beer on the dock with my dog - exactly as it should be.

Cheers, Eric -

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I took my WDH Hemp 5 Points Cap on an adventure to a secluded beach. Tucked in-between opulent houses of the rich, at the end of an unmarked dirt road, down a steep and slippery path is Waiakalua Iki Beach. Only minor injuries sustained on the journey.
View attachment 241582
View attachment 241585
View attachment 241584
I find myself wearing my 5 Points cap from WDH if it's going to warm at all. Even the slightest breeze blows right through the loose weave of the hemp material.

But it's been cool and rainy here lately so I've been grabbing the brown diamond tweed cap from Cordova caps. I love this cap. I'm so sorry that Jonathan is semi(?) retired. He agreed to make me another cap, but who knows about the future...

Cordova Diamond Tweed_01.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I find myself wearing my 5 Points cap from WDH if it's going to warm at all. Even the slightest breeze blows right through the loose weave of the hemp material.

But it's been cool and rainy here lately so I've been grabbing the brown diamond tweed cap from Cordova caps. I love this cap. I'm so sorry that Jonathan is semi(?) retired. He agreed to make me another cap, but who knows about the future...

View attachment 241686

+1, I too love hat cap! Place a call expressing your appreciation and ask for a cap in yet another hue of diamond tweed.

I am back from a walk thru the neighborhoods with my dog. A Cordova Cap was truly perfect. Warm summer sun with a strong breeze had the top of my head protected and cool. It is like a screen porch for my head.

i-GDCFzWZ-M.jpg

i-8HsbcbR-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
X2

www.idhatshop.com

View attachment 239462 View attachment 239402
View attachment 239403
View attachment 239404

PS

View attachment 239405
Reading your comments, I couldn't help wondering if you'd read the later works of Robert Louis Stevenson, particularly "The Beach at Falesa." His later years living in Samoa are truly remarkable. f you Google his name and hit "Images," you'll see a photo of him and his wife and a Samoan couple sitting under the palms ca. 1892: it looks amazingly like a photo of the Summer of Love. If you get the chance, check him out.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Reading your comments, I couldn't help wondering if you'd read the later works of Robert Louis Stevenson, particularly "The Beach at Falesa." His later years living in Samoa are truly remarkable. f you Google his name and hit "Images," you'll see a photo of him and his wife and a Samoan couple sitting under the palms ca. 1892: it looks amazingly like a photo of the Summer of Love. If you get the chance, check him out.
In my youth I spent many months sailing across the South Pacific throughout Tahiti, The Cook Islands, Tonga, and Fiji visiting some very remote islands that hadn't changed much since the turn of the 20th century, but didn't stop in Samoa. Amazon is sending me The Beach at Falesa, thanks for the tip. This photo is kinda cool
628x471.jpg

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Did you sail anywhere near Niue Island, @jonesy86 ? I was on Tongatapu, Tonga for about 2 weeks, and then up to Niue for another 22 months or so.
View attachment 242125
I passed by Niue sailing as crew on a 48 foot trimaran, on the way from the Northern Cook Islands departing from Penrhyn or Tongareva on the way to the Northern Tongan Island of Vavau. On the passage from Bora Bora to Tongareva we lost our rudder and held up in the cooks for quite a while for repairs. Did a lot of free diving for natural pearls. I have a ton of 35 mm slides in storage I will look at someday, and still have some of the pearls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran