Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Cap Are You Wearing Today?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Early morning in a Cordova Cap.

i-LJQJmrT-M.jpg

Cheers. Best, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Back up at Moloa’a for some swimming in the somewhat protected bay. Keep thinking I gotta save the Cordova Straw for special occasions. The beach was plenty special today, in the low 80s, partly cloudy, with a light breeze.
View attachment 246745
View attachment 246746
View attachment 246747
View attachment 246748
View attachment 246749

Well chosen cap sir! Love it!

I too baby the Cordova straw cap. The cap is resting in a estate sale hat box that I picked up especially for it's storage. It is within easy reach and I do need to reach more frequently for it.

You wear the cap well Brent. Linen makes a great warm weather cap.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Home this evening to find a package from Mr.Cordova waiting. Sweet!

I would like to share my new Dashing Tweed cap from Cordova Caps. This "red" is very striking. It arrived on on time to wearthis evening when the heat and humidity is gone (current temp is 66'f (19'C). Cap weather, or in this case new cap weather.

i-2qTxznj-M.jpg

Cheers. Be safe, be strong and see you on the street soon, Eric -

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Bob Dong Wabash Newsboy today. Went swimming in the rain.

This from Heddles:
To a modern eye, a wabash might seem overly formal – like a pinstripe – but in reality, this fabric was, alongside denim, worn almost exclusively as workwear. Forty years before the first pair of Levi’s jeans were made, J.L. Stiefl & Sons of West Virginia were making their “Indigo Wabash Stripe.” Before Stiefl began making this fabric, the tribes of the Wabash Confederacy had made a name for making intricate, decorative patterns and selling these to white workmen, thus establishing the connection between the beautiful, hard-wearing garments and the Wabash peoples.
IMG_0003.jpeg

IMG_0015.jpeg

IMG_0009.jpeg

IMG_0013.jpeg

IMG_0019.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
WOW! Simonds has been offering some dynamite caps of late. The linen and leather combo is pppperfect! The leather sweats offered in the more recent Simonds Caps are a vast improvement.

I really like your new beach cap!

Eric -
Thanks Eric
I think Berry does good work, and I am happy with both hats he has made for me.
I was expecting a lighter brown leather but the darker leather brim is growing on me. I like to see some creative input from the custom makers, and think this is a winner.
Cheers,
David

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Eric
I think Berry does good work, and I am happy with both hats he has made for me.
I was expecting a lighter brown leather but the darker leather brim is going on me. I like to see some creative input from the custom makers, and think this is a winner.
Cheers,
David

David IMO the darker leather would fair better in your neighborhood and environment. I do not imply you carelessly would stain the light leather, rather the local weather would "patina" it quickly. I really do like the cap and am considering inquiring into one. The combo is so darn cool.

Our weather is sooooo warm and humid that it is hard for me to get real motivated to view cap options. I have been reviewing some Dashing Tweed, Harris Tweed and perhaps the more formal wool from Fox Brothers for possible caps for the winter of 2020-21. I have the links at my fingertips on my laptop, but have trouble getting serious about it. I will have to dig in soon or miss the possibility of having some new cap days this coming winter season.

David, your caps and pics are terrific. Cheers sir. Eric -

Finally got my Sterkowski linen flat cap. Took exactly a month. And since Canada Post decided not to use the tracking number, it was a nice surprise after making peace with it probably being lost. My first flat cap, I think I shall buy another.
View attachment 243934 View attachment 243935
I really prefer the traditional "Ivy" and "Newsboy" caps over these modern "Duckbill" caps, but I liked the look of this one so much that I just pulled the trigger on one in Navy Blue. I've read a lot of good things about Sterkowski caps here on The Lounge and I hope mine won't be the anomaly. ;)

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
David IMO the darker leather would fair better in your neighborhood and environment. I do not imply you carelessly would stain the light leather, rather the local weather would "patina" it quickly. I really do like the cap and am considering inquiring into one. The combo is so darn cool.

Our weather is sooooo warm and humid that it is hard for me to get real motivated to view cap options. I have been reviewing some Dashing Tweed, Harris Tweed and perhaps the more formal wool from Fox Brothers for possible caps for the winter of 2020-21. I have the links at my fingertips on my laptop, but have trouble getting serious about it. I will have to dig in soon or miss the possibility of having some new cap days this coming winter season.

David, your caps and pics are terrific. Cheers sir. Eric -
Thanks Eric,
I love the variety of wool and especially the tweed caps that you have. I love tweed, but it isn't very practical as tropical wear. However, I am enjoying all the variety of linen that I have found. I like supporting the custom cap, and hat makers, especially in this challenging economy.
Be well,
David

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I really prefer the traditional "Ivy" and "Newsboy" caps over these modern "Duckbill" caps, but I liked the look of this one so much that I just pulled the trigger on one in Navy Blue. I've read a lot of good things about Sterkowski caps here on The Lounge and I hope mine won't be the anomaly. ;)
I generally like the larger brim, wider body caps as well.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

Lovely fabric on your new cap. The "soft brim" style is a fav of mine for these casual and warm weather caps. They tug on so easily and look sharp as they take a gentle curl easily. I have to say that I have linen with sewn seam tape and the light liners and for this bald guy, the liners are the cats meow. My bald head needs the protective liner. You folks are lucky to have protective hair - that is what it is for, right.;)

Great blue caps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy