Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Cap Are You Wearing Today?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Cordova today ina subtle blue pattern.

That is a truly sharp cap. You have been killing the cap wearing lately.

Uncharacteristically for me (I only own 2 caps).....this Borsalino cashmere 8 panel.....I have to be outside for funeral services and it is VERY windy (25-30 mile winds with 60 mile gusts). So this hat is FAR less likely to blow off my head!!!! View attachment 197831 View attachment 197832 View attachment 197833

Looking sharp sir. Your vast hat collection easily allows some caps to wear. Sorry to hear that the cap wearing occasion is a somber funeral.

I wore a Monsavais cap with coffee to celebrate snow blowing and shoveling all completed this morning.

i-KqprbXT-M.jpg

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
That is a truly sharp cap. You have been killing the cap wearing lately.

Looking sharp sir. Your vast hat collection easily allows some caps to wear. Sorry to hear that the cap wearing occasion is a somber funeral.

I wore a Monsavais cap with coffee to celebrate snow blowing and shoveling all completed this morning.

i-KqprbXT-M.jpg
Very nice. I sure don't miss those shores. I just left the confines of Lake Placid, N.Y. after two years. This was 6 months of my year, lol...I loved it!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
7d7fb939c79ac6f5c031d11a646e86be.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Very nice. I sure don't miss those shores. I just left the confines of Lake Placid, N.Y. after two years. This was 6 months of my year, lol...I loved it!

7d7fb939c79ac6f5c031d11a646e86be.jpg

Gorgeous landscape Hector. You do need to be "prepared for winter." I returned from a snowshoe adventure bit ago.

i-KW6Fn2c-M.jpg

(BTW: Monsavais cap.)
Best, Eric -

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
Gorgeous landscape Hector. You do need to be "prepared for winter." I returned from a snowshoe adventure bit ago.

i-KW6Fn2c-M.jpg

(BTW: Monsavais cap.)
Best, Eric -
Nice, nice! I love snowshoeing. I had a left knee replacement so my ski days are over. I took on snowshoeing and got hooked.

Here's my newest, another Brixton Ivy cap:

UKlkH9g.jpg

I ordered this from Village Hat Shop's website on "Cyber Monday", and it took five days to travel from San Diego to just east of Los Angeles because, for some unexplained reason, it took a not-so-short-cut through St. Paul, Minnesota. o_O Also, I'm pretty sure they sent me the wrong cap because I ordered a Brixton "Hooligan" in dark brown, but this is a closer match to their description of Brixton's "Barrel" cap in rust. :confused: Brixton's "Barrel" is visibly wider than their "Hooligan" and I haven't decided which I like more, but they sent it so I'm keeping it. Besides, the cap I ordered is no longer listed on their website. :rolleyes:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Here's my newest, another Brixton Ivy cap:

UKlkH9g.jpg

I ordered this from Village Hat Shop's website on "Cyber Monday", and it took five days to travel from San Diego to just east of Los Angeles because, for some unexplained reason, it took a not-so-short-cut through St. Paul, Minnesota. o_O Also, I'm pretty sure they sent me the wrong cap because I ordered a Brixton "Hooligan" in dark brown, but this is a closer match to their description of Brixton's "Barrel" cap in rust. :confused: Brixton's "Barrel" is visibly wider than their "Hooligan" and I haven't decided which I like more, but they sent it so I'm keeping it. Besides, the cap I ordered is no longer listed on their website. :rolleyes:

Crazy purchase story. Glad a cap arrived.

"In the lane, snow is glistening. A beautiful sight. We're happy tonight. Walking in a winter wonderland." Winter wonderland this morning in my neighborhood. The wind chill has the "feels like" temp at 3'f or -16'c.

i-mvHbmZx-M.jpg

i-BHXCjbB-M.jpg

i-PqRpqhB-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

ScottyD

Familiar Face
Nice caps Eric! I've always enjoyed the way you take pics with the pine tree and snow in the background.

I have a few more - 3 or 4 - that I've collected since last posting this summer. I need to spend some time doing some reviews now that winter is almost setting in.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
What a cool cap, Eric!

Thanks sir. When the winds pick-up and temps drop it has me reaching for a cap and not a hat.

Nice caps Eric! I've always enjoyed the way you take pics with the pine tree and snow in the background.

I have a few more - 3 or 4 - that I've collected since last posting this summer. I need to spend some time doing some reviews now that winter is almost setting in.

Thanks ScottyD. The pine is a common tree on my property and the surrounding neighborhood. I am partial to the pretty color they give to our winter scenery. Thanks for your compliment.

It would be enjoyable to see your caps. Share away.

Late afternoon and evening found me traveling back to work in a warm wool Cordova Cap. Returning home this evening had the temps at -2f or -19c.

i-ZT6XMb5-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Fourman110

One of the Regulars
Jay; I like the brown and black combo of the Monsivais wool cap. The French cap styles crown is a flattering style for you in the pic.

I have one brown and black combo and it pairs well with lots of stuff I wear.

Eric -

Thanks Eric. I found the fabric and sent it to him. It's a nice subtle contrast and the smallest diameter cap I'm comfortable in.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

The Zephyr is just a visual pleasure.

Curious I googled the word and have been enjoying finding out about the origion and uses of the word. I was reading that zephyr can be a a soft gentle breeze or a a fine cotton gingham. Merriam-Webster suggests that "Breezy zephyr may have blown into English with the help of William Shakespeare, who used the word in his 1611 play Cymbeline: "Thou divine Nature, thou thyself thou blazon'st / In these two princely boys! They are as gentle / As zephyrs blowing below the violet."

It is a glorious cap with an intriguing name.

I'm anxiously waiting for a new Cordova cap from Jonathan.... Eric has one like it, with vintage slubby wool, but I ask for a wider peak on mine at 2-3/4".

Congrats on the upcoming new Cap Day. I can not wait to see pics of your wearing it out on cap adventures. BTW: I send good wishes to you on your upcoming procedure.

a Black newsboy cap made by Capas:

View attachment 200469

Blackthorn; What a great colorful backdrop to your newsboy. What tales of travel your caps could tell.

Hi Ho, Hi Ho it was back to work I go this afternoon sport n' a cap.

i-22WjgCQ-M.jpg

i-4jrMGpV-M.jpg

i-qHQXVNn-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko