Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Cap Are You Wearing Today?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
This morning's walkabout was under a Quiet Man inspired cap.

i-qD95wLG-M.jpg

Happy New Years Eve morning to all.

Cheers, Eric -

dkstott

Practically Family
I don't own any bespoke/custom caps, so until that happens my Hannah Hats caps are my favorites. As Drzdave58 mentioned in post 3,038 above, their fit and quality are better than that of any of my other flat caps. When you finally get one (or more), I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I too don't own any custom or bespoke caps.

Coincidentally, I just heard from the folks at Hannah hats regarding sizing. They're chart is confusing to me. I'm between a 57 and 58. I wasn't sure if I ordered a small or medium.

The lady told me that I could specify my size and they'll find one for me.

dkstott

Practically Family
Sharp cap sir. The many different hues in your Hanna cap should make it easy to pair with lots of stuff. Congrats.

The Malone on a beach in December is very cool. Enjoy the beach time.
Tnank you for the kind words. The malone cap happened to be at the top of my pile of caps. I typically have 5 or 6 in rotation. I'll grab one depending on my mood or clothing color choice for the day...

Drzdave58

One of the Regulars
Check out Sterkowski hats, they make very nice caps at very reasonable prices and have Harris Tweed to choose from also.
Sterkowski hats look very good. I just placed an order for a couple of their caps. Looks like I may now have a cap addiction to go along with my boot and jacket addictions.

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Sterkowski hats look very good. I just placed an order for a couple of their caps. Looks like I may now have a cap addiction to go along with my boot and jacket addictions.

Sweet expectations of a NCD (new cap day) coming. Congrats on the order sir. A cap addiction in the pantheon of addictions is of of the better ones.

Cheers on the NCD coming, Eric -

I too don't own any custom or bespoke caps.

Coincidentally, I just heard from the folks at Hannah hats regarding sizing. They're chart is confusing to me. I'm between a 57 and 58. I wasn't sure if I ordered a small or medium.

The lady told me that I could specify my size and they'll find one for me.
Good choice, contacting someone who deals with Hanna Hats regularly for their suggestion. I'm size 60 myself so, based on their chart I'd order "Large" because I prefer loose over tight. Also, with a cloth cap if it's too big I can always sew a piece of elastic into the back of the "headband" section of the hat to take up a little slack. If it's too tight, there's not much you can do without possibly damaging the cap. ;)

Drzdave58

One of the Regulars
Good choice, contacting someone who deals with Hanna Hats regularly for their suggestion. I'm size 60 myself so, based on their chart I'd order "Large" because I prefer loose over tight. Also, with a cloth cap if it's too big I can always sew a piece of elastic into the back of the "headband" section of the hat to take up a little slack. If it's too tight, there's not much you can do without possibly damaging the cap. ;)
Being new to flat caps im still not sure of sizing and how a cap should fit. I measure just shy of 58, so I ordered size 58 from Sterkowski. The Kangol cap I have was a medium and was definitely too snug so I stretched it out to make it fit. The Hanna hat I have is size L . The fit is ok I guess, doesn't fit tight but perhaps not perfect. Im kinda in between a medium and large I think. Im looking forward to seeing how the Sterkowskis fit, then I should be able to dial in the perfect fit

dkstott

Practically Family
Im
Being new to flat caps im still not sure of sizing and how a cap should fit. I measure just shy of 58, so I ordered size 58 from Sterkowski. The Kangol cap I have was a medium and was definitely too snug so I stretched it out to make it fit. The Hanna hat I have is size L . The fit is ok I guess, doesn't fit tight but perhaps not perfect. Im kinda in between a medium and large I think. Im looking forward to seeing how the Sterkowskis fit, then I should be able to dial in the perfect fit
I'm sightly larger than 57cm. Sterkowski in size 58 fit me just right. They're snug enough to not blow off my head, but not really tight. Whereas sterkowski in size 57 are just too tight for me.

Buying caps on line in sizes S,M, L is a crap shoot. You never really know what size it is. Add in seller's vary in what they consider medium.

Drzdave58

One of the Regulars
I
Im

I'm sightly larger than 57cm. Sterkowski in size 58 fit me just right. They're snug enough to not blow off my head, but not really tight. Whereas sterkowski in size 57 are just too tight for me.

Buying caps on line in sizes S,M, L is a crap shoot. You never really know what size it is. Add in seller's vary in what they consider medium.
I feel good about the size I ordered from Sterkowski then. I will see how the Hanna hat in size L compares to it.

dkstott

Practically Family
I hear you. I hate buying caps on line that are sized in small, medium or large. It's a crap shoot on how they'll fit me.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
My neighborhood got 8" of snow today. We are expecting a few more inches before the winter storm subsides tomorrow afternoon. I got home tonight and used the snowblower and a hand shovel to relocate snow. A wool cap and a jacket with the hood pulled over the cap was perfect for my chore.

i-kq8T3Kv-M.jpg

The light snow falling tonight does make a gorgeous backdrop to my chore.

i-Q46rNrW-M.jpg

i-HnGqpVF-M.jpg

Wasn't there a song that had a line snowflakes in the air? Lots of snowflakes this evening.

Cheers, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Picked up another Hanna hat today in blue
View attachment 478140

Sweet blue cap! Congrats on the new cap. Wear it proudly as it is very sharp. I can not wait to see the cap and you out on cap adventures.

You and others recent posts of Hanna caps have me googling the Irish Cap website (https://hannahats.com/collections/caps ) and checking the selection out. The crafts people of Hanna have many different styles and materials to choose from. Is your new cap a touring cap?

Cheers, Eric -

Drzdave58

One of the Regulars
Sweet blue cap! Congrats on the new cap. Wear it proudly as it is very sharp. I can not wait to see the cap and you out on cap adventures.

You and others recent posts of Hanna caps have me googling the Irish Cap website (https://hannahats.com/collections/caps ) and checking the selection out. The crafts people of Hanna have many different styles and materials to choose from. Is your new cap a touring cap?

Cheers, Eric -
Yes . They are both Donegal tweed touring caps. I found them both on marketplace in brand new condition. Saved a considerable amount of $$$ on these two.

Attachments

• 2AEAA580-7BD9-457E-B030-1DF54E49A5DC.png
    2AEAA580-7BD9-457E-B030-1DF54E49A5DC.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 36

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ