Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Cap Are You Wearing Today?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Morning snow removal under a Mackinaw wool cap.

i-5WLfbhb-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

dkstott

Practically Family
Sweet blue cap! Congrats on the new cap. Wear it proudly as it is very sharp. I can not wait to see the cap and you out on cap adventures.

You and others recent posts of Hanna caps have me googling the Irish Cap website (https://hannahats.com/collections/caps ) and checking the selection out. The crafts people of Hanna have many different styles and materials to choose from. Is your new cap a touring cap?

Cheers, Eric -
Eric, Feel free to join us in the the "off the rack" crowd. Ha ha ha

Drzdave58

One of the Regulars
Sweet blue cap! Congrats on the new cap. Wear it proudly as it is very sharp. I can not wait to see the cap and you out on cap adventures.

You and others recent posts of Hanna caps have me googling the Irish Cap website (https://hannahats.com/collections/caps ) and checking the selection out. The crafts people of Hanna have many different styles and materials to choose from. Is your new cap a touring cap?

Cheers, Eric -
Here's my 1st outing with my blue cap.
20230104_083825.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Same cap next day here also.

Yesterday I sport'd a heavyweight wool cap for my day's efforts in the heavy snow.

i-mbPkgtF-M.jpg

This mornings snowblowing and shoveling was done with same cap. The long hard effort had me perspiring, but winter comfortable.

i-f5HXgjH-M.jpg

i-x63cVz9-M.jpg

i-THw7Ns4-M.jpg

My cap is drying out on a wooden cap block. It should be ready to go again if called to duty by tomorrow morning.

i-37nhjxM-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:

Granville

One of the Regulars
Caps were my first love, so I still keep an eye out. My other obsession/fetish is Irish history, particularly the early 20th century. I believe back in those days, some hundred years ago, this was called a Shooter's Cap, a term that probably is considered 'triggering' today. Charcoal herringbone in a Donegal tweed, picked it up cheap, used (hardly), same day as my last fedora, so they shared a bag in the freezer this week; this is the first trip outside.
image0-4.jpeg
IMG_1535.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko