Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Cap Are You Wearing Today?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Here in Connecticut, I can wear shetland wool or lighter weight wool newsboy caps for almost the entire summer. When it's really hot, I'll wear one of my linens newsboy caps

Thanks Dave. I am looking for inspiration and ideas.

I hesitate wearing linen as I seem always worry about soiling and wrinkling them. I wear them less as a result. My cap block and steam take out wrinkles, but I do it infrequently. I have one lightweight fabric with a removable topper that makes it easier to wear and clean.

The straw caps got a lot of wear last summer.

Eric -

Daan

Vendor
Lots of news from le Laboureur!

Adding to the range of traditional Casquettes in burel wool and corduroy, South Pacific Berets now stocks three more completely new models.
Often asked for and now finally available: the traditional workers casquette in bleu de travail Moleskin. Moleskin is a heavy cotton fabric, woven and then sheared to create a short, soft pile on one side.
1681690003797.png 1681690281689.png 1681690241024.png
Clothing made from moleskin is noted for its softness and durability; French workers of many generations wore ("bleu de travail") workwear made of moleskin. The cloth is so densely woven as to be windproof.
Its name is due to the soft brushed hand of the fabric, like mole fur.
1681690517140.png 1681690532413.png 1681690548375.png
An alternative to the traditional casquette, designed in 100% merino wool. The Casquette Bombée is a domed cap, chic, and trendy, perfectly complementing the outfit of the artisan worker and just as good to wear to the opera or theatre. Italian made exclusively for Le Laboureur.
1681690803320.png 1681690822711.png 1681690853081.png
The most luxurious in the Le Laboureur Casquette range: the 'Casquette en Lin'. These casquettes are made of 100% French linen, supreme in comfort and looks!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday I was anxious for warmer weather and wore a cotton blend cap.

i-Q2sXswZ-M.jpg

i-wp5Z8Bp-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday I wore a black/gray/white checked cap. When selecting the fabric for this cap I was told that it was not a favorite of my wife and others. Now that the cap is complete, it is so easy to pickup and wear. The colorway works so well, IMO. I have not asked for further comment on this cap. I have just been enjoying wearing the cap.

Walking my own path.

i-Hr3zS4T-M.jpg

i-vzSSrJW-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters