Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

CigarMan

One of the Regulars
Slim Portly said:
This morning, after a sweet breakfast of pastry and iced coffee, another (my second) Winston Churchill Marrakesh 6 x 50. All Cuban seed tobacco, a lush blend of filler leaf and an Equadoran wrapper, created with input from Churchill's grandson Winston S. Churchill. Omigosh, yummy.

MMMM, these are fantastic smokes . . .good choice. I went camping this weekend and was able to enjoy and older Partagas Limited Reserve Regale.

RedPop4 said:
What they did wrong, among other things, was to wait until 2007 to REALLY begin discussing how to fight this, and fight back. American Cancer Society, all the pharmaceuticals companies (who bank roll the American Cancer Society) selling all their anti-smoking medications that have less than stellar results, have been pushing this for 20 years, at the least.

They also have emotional arguments, and rightly so to a point, about family members and friends dying of cancer, having asthma or whatever. Kind of hard to discuss freedom and liberty in that light.

NOW, the assistant to Secretary of HHS Tom Daschle, I guess he's the under secretary, comes directly FROM the presidency of the Campaign for Tobacco Free Children. This will be an uphill climb, but it's not impossible. For one thing, the President who'll be signing things is still a smoker. Of course, no more zealous apostle than the convert, but he hasn't totally quit, yet.

Be of good cheer, there are bans being quietly rolled back to compromise levels, all around the country. St. Louis, Ohio, other places where they did complete bans, and now it's coming back to hurt tax revenues.

Semper paratus et fidelis.

I am not sure what kind of results we can expect now mconsidering the people you mentioned. They do not have compromise in their vocabulary.:rolleyes:
Last night I had a Por Larranaga Double Corona with a bit of The Speyside. :D

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A two cigar night-the first was a Maria Mancini De Gaulle on a two car roll-over in the misty 33* air....the second was a La Herencia Cubana while drying out, two hours later!

rkwilker

One Too Many
Last night was a Black Partagas Pirimide. Luv em. Indycop, I see how much you like Vegas Series A sticks so I ordered a 10 pack from a CI special they have going. Trusting your good taste that I will not be disappointed. They look really good to me and I found a good deal so I jumped on it. ;)

spiridon

A-List Customer
La Luna African Fuerte Perfecto......my last one.:( Unfortunately I can't get any more of these. This one had 5 years of age on it......held up VERY well.:)

Don't you just hate to see that "last" vitola in the box knowing you can't get any more of "that" particular cigar?

Lou

One of the Regulars
Alec Bradley Tempus Genesis

A very creamy smoke with leather, spice, and earth. The finish was a bit metallic, but I'd smoke it again.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
rkwilker said:
Indycop, I see how much you like Vegas Series A sticks so I ordered a 10 pack from a CI special they have going. Trusting your good taste that I will not be disappointed. They look really good to me and I found a good deal so I jumped on it. ;)
:eek: Oh the pressure!lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner