Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Por Larranaga double corona Maduro. Had an uneven burn that eventually corrected itself. It was a bit less subtle than their colorado offerings. The draw was fine and the wrapper was chocolate brown and somewhat veiny. A decent smoke that lasted me over an hour.
smiley.gif

irb

Familiar Face
My last cigar was ... well, I don't recall. However, I did smoke some English tobacco from a tobacconist here in Mesa, AZ; my favorite pipe tobaccos would be Proper English from the Tinderbox in Mesa, and the Southern Illinois blend from Yesteryear Tobacco in Carbondale, Illinois.

Also, I'm a new member here so I might consider this a proper introduction. Howdy, all.

irb said:
My last cigar was ... well, I don't recall. However, I did smoke some English tobacco from a tobacconist here in Mesa, AZ; my favorite pipe tobaccos would be Proper English from the Tinderbox in Mesa, and the Southern Illinois blend from Yesteryear Tobacco in Carbondale, Illinois.

Also, I'm a new member here so I might consider this a proper introduction. Howdy, all.

Welcome. Pull up a chair. Get out your favorite pipe and tobacco and sit a spell. ;) :D :cool2:

irb

Familiar Face
Thanks! I will. I came to this site searching for info on Panama hats (it gets hot out here in the desert, and my felt fedora can be a bit much in the 110F heat). I'm surprised it took me so long.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
March

Blustery, sunny, muddy after raining half the day. Got back from class, parked the car, didn't even take off my jacket and hat. Fired up a Flor Fina and went walking, thinking about everything and nothing. Still thinking.

March is a good cigar month if you can keep 'em lit.

Kermez

A-List Customer
Oliva Serie V Maduro Especial

Fletch said:
Fired up a Flor Fina and went walking, thinking about everything and nothing. Still thinking.

March is a good cigar month if you can keep 'em lit.

Nice re: both Flor Fina and March.

And that reminds me, you know, another winter is almost over and March true to form has come in like a lion, and hopefully will go out like a lamb. At least that's how March works here in the United States.

But did you know that March behaves differently in other countries? In Norway, for example, March comes in like a polar bear and goes out like a walrus. Or, take the case of Honduras where March comes in like a lamb and goes out like a salt marsh harvest mouse.

Let's compare this to the Maldive Islands where March comes in like a wildebeest and goes out like an ant. A tiny, little ant.

Unlike the Malay Peninsula where March comes in like a worm-eating fernbird and goes out like a worm-eating fernbird. In fact, their whole year is like a worm-eating fernbird.

Or consider the Republic of South Africa where March comes in like a lion and goes out like a different lion. Like one has a mane, and one doesn't have a mane. Or in certain parts of South America where March swims in like a sea otter, and then it slithers out like a giant anaconda. There you can buy land real cheap, you know?

And there's a country where March hops in like a kangaroo, and stays a kangaroo for a while, and then it becomes a slightly smaller kangaroo. Then, then, then for a couple of days it's sort of a cross between a, a frilled lizard and a common house cat. Then it changes back into a smaller kangaroo, and then it goes out like a, like a wild dingo.

Now, it's not Australia! Now, you'd think it would be Australia, but it's not!

I know a country where March comes in like an emu and goes out like a tapir. And they don't even know what it means!

Now listen, there are nine different countries, where March comes in like a frog, and goes out like a golden retriever. But that- that's not the weird part! No, no, the weird part is, is the frog. The frog- The weird part is...

(Super Kudos to those who know without having to cheat what that's from...)

CigarMan

One of the Regulars
The new Siglo Limited Reserve, band looks similar to a Cuban Cohiba band, but this cigar is made in Nicaragua with Domincan and Nicaraguan Filler, Connecticut Broadleaf binder and an Ecuadorian Habano wrapper. Definitely a fantastic smoke and priced very reasonably.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy