Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
indycop said:
Bob couldn't let them all sit in the humi so I had one straight out of the mailbox and it was great!

How did it compare to the banded ones you've had? Just wondering if they're the same or not. I will have one of the maduras tomorrow to see how they are.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
How did it compare to the banded ones you've had? Just wondering if they're the same or not. I will have one of the maduras tomorrow to see how they are.
I think they are the same.;)
I am getting close to trying the triple maduro, but if it kicks my butt I'm not gonna tell cos I would have to listen to JP.lol

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Celebrated my freedom with a bit of contraband, an El Rey Del Mundo Petit Corona from 2004. :D
It all started with a little civil disobedience folks....

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Diamondback said:
I believe he's referring to the Sons of Liberty and other indigenous organizations protesting English colonial policy in the chain of events leading to 233 years ago today.

drats.. I was hoping Rob had been doing things he shouldn't!

High Pockets

Practically Family
Not really a fan of the aromatics, I just finished a bowl of light burley.
The pipe was not a great one, but one that smokes well. For some reason I keep reaching for it,......it's a briar made by Prestigio or Lorenzo. I think I got it at a Tinder Box.

One of these days I'm gonna lay down the big bucks for one of those estate Dunhills.

Anyone here have a Dunhill? I was wondering if they were really worth a couple hundred bucks?

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Today I smoked this pipe (the top one):

DSC09779.jpg

About 7" long with a very small bowl, very economical on tobacco. They were both made by Bewdley Pipes and Pottery, they have a series of clay pipes made with moulds taken from English Civil War era pipes. The only downside is the bowl opening is so small my tamper doesn't fit, so I have to use a nail.

These were bought on eBay, but they have a web store as well (prices have to be requested, but the eBay prices are excellent). http://www.bewdleytown.co.uk/~bewdleytown.co.uk/public_html/claypipes/

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Nick D said:
Today I smoked this pipe (the top one):

DSC09779.jpg

About 7" long with a very small bowl, very economical on tobacco. They were both made by Bewdley Pipes and Pottery, they have a series of clay pipes made with moulds taken from English Civil War era pipes. The only downside is the bowl opening is so small my tamper doesn't fit, so I have to use a nail.

These were bought on eBay, but they have a web store as well (prices have to be requested, but the eBay prices are excellent). http://www.bewdleytown.co.uk/~bewdleytown.co.uk/public_html/claypipes/
Are they extremely fragile? They look like the pipes from lord of the rings!

Akubra

Familiar Face
The fourth of July is usually a camping and fishing trip for me with the kids.

I brought one of my favorite pipes, a Coinsurer made by Ed Burak of New York City, loaded with some of Ed's Scottish Ribbon ( a delightfull Cavendish)

Yes and despite the incesant rain I got to smoke it a few times!

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
indycop said:
Are they extremely fragile? They look like the pipes from lord of the rings!

Yes, I have to be careful with them, but they can last a long time if handled right. I have a 16" clay churchwarden that I bought years ago and hasn't broken yet, even through regular use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy