Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

indycop said:
lol Our man 5 posts up.:D
What do you think of the Alec Bradley 1997? I want to try that one soon. I don't care for the Tempus :D but really like the MAXX, It is really smooth and doesn't leave an after taste.

Bob couldn't let them all sit in the humi so I had one straight out of the mailbox and it was great!

I figured you meant that Bob. ;)
The 1997 is fine for me. I am surprised you like the Maxx since it is stronger. You should be fine with the 1997 if you like the Maxx line. Just think of an equivalent Camacho in character. The SLR for instance. :D

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
I have a very old on ethat I have been meaning to try out. Any special seasoning or handling necessary----more than regular I mean. ;)

One of the nice things about clays is that they can be smoked normally right away, with no break-in period. I've heard some say that clays should be packed a little looser than briars, but I've not found this to be necessary.

The bowl should be carefully supported while packing, and the pipe should be held in the middle of the stem while smoking, not by the spur (if it has one).

Nick D said:
One of the nice things about clays is that they can be smoked normally right away, with no break-in period. I've heard some say that clays should be packed a little looser than briars, but I've not found this to be necessary.

The bowl should be carefully supported while packing, and the pipe should be held in the middle of the stem while smoking, not by the spur (if it has one).

Thanks, I'll give it a try. :D

Kaliber73

New in Town
Cohiba Siglo III

I love my Cohiba...

396398485_5_bE_5.jpeg

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tonight, a double header. A Legendario madura toro before and while I torched some ribeyes and a RP Spring Collection robusto after dinner. Both were magnificent.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
Tonight, a double header. A Legendario madura toro before and while I torched some ribeyes and a RP Spring Collection robusto after dinner. Both were magnificent.
Dang! two great cigars and steak!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Tonight I had an H Uppman reserve that HarpPlayerGene gave me when we visited him!:D

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Last night I smoked the shorter of the clay pipes I posted before. Tobacco was a black cherry cavendish from the local tobacconist, I don't normally smoke aromatics but this one is nice and mild.

I was able to keep this pipe lit better than the first one, probably because it wasn't as windy. It's always a little tougher keeping a new pipe lit before I get used to it. I found the extremely forward canted bowl a bit of a challenge to light and tamp, because I'm used to looking into the bowl while I do, and with this pipe it's quite impossible. The bowl and stem also didn't get as hot as other clays I've smoked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy