Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

ClothesHorse

Familiar Face
Just loaded my only Dunhill (yes they smoke great), tamped down my "Dark English" tobacco with my Dunhill Tamper (which is too nice, and my first extravagenct tool/toy). Thank the Good Lord for layaway! And good deals from my tobacco shop owner.

The weather has broken somewhat here and it felt like a smoke night, with a small libation. My dog is laying next to me. Wife and Kids have gone to bed. All is right with the world. In fact I'm planning this season's bird hunting trips.

All the Best,

CH

indycop said:
You could say that, but then we would need pictures!:p

And I like the ESV!

Pictures in a world with photoshop? ;)
Here, you can just see my legs behind the guy hocking stuff on the beach:
trpicalnecklagesonthebeach.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Good man. I tried an Artista Bambino torpedo I was given---:eek: :eusa_doh: Not impressed with a cigar that smakes like a lemon. :eusa_doh:
The MAXX is still my favorite Alec Bradley. I seem to have trouble with the burn on all box press cigars...:rolleyes:

indycop said:
The MAXX is still my favorite Alec Bradley. I seem to have trouble with the burn on all box press cigars...:rolleyes:

Well, I am guessing you are toasting the foot all the way around first. Then you are lighting the cigar making sure to rotate it as you puff on it. After that you blow on the end to check that it is evenly burning and touch it up if it isn't burning evenly from the start, right? You even rotate the cigar as you smoke it too.
Gee, I can't tell you why it isn't burning evenly then. [huh] ;)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Well, I am guessing you are toasting the foot all the way around first. Then you are lighting the cigar making sure to rotate it as you puff on it. After that you blow on the end to check that it is evenly burning and touch it up if it isn't burning evenly from the start, right? You even rotate the cigar as you smoke it too.
Gee, I can't tell you why it isn't burning evenly then. [huh] ;)
More of a going out problem. I am thinking maybe boxpress doesn't get a good tight roll like i am used to and it goes out. I don't let it sit long enough to go out and don't have that problem with anything but box press cigars. Hmmnn more study needed!lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn