Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jamespowers said:
Not bad. How was it?
Tonight was a Diplomaticos No. 2

Excellent, of course. ;) These and the RyJ short churchills are surpassing the PSD4 as my favorite island treats.

Rock31

Familiar Face
Punch Uppercut Robusto on the car ride home from work.

Not sure if anyone else enjoys them but right now J&R has boxes on sale for:

Grand Corona - 66.90
Robusto - 67.50
Toro - 71.90

Seems to be about $35 cheaper than anywhere online that I could find.

BobC

Ashton VSG tres mystique tonight. Very nice small cigar.

Thanks, Rock, for that heads up. I'm in for a box of robustos.

BobC

Yesterday, 2 Trinidad Habano petit coronas. These have become among my favorites. A small, quick smoke with very good construction and very good, full flavor.

This afternoon, a Florida mowing cigar.

BobC

Tonight, a Bolivar Cofradia petit corona while waiting for the charcoal to get hot, a Trinidad Habano #5 while grilling and an Oliva Serie V double robusto while watching my nephews' slow pitch game.

HHISIII

One of the Regulars
This was my evening smoke
IMG_20100822_190833.jpg

A Rocky Patel Edge and a New Belgium 'Hoptober' for refreshment. They played off each other pretty well.

TrenchGuy

One of the Regulars
Toscano Extra Vecchio. They are ugly, damn strong and they are Italian. Great cigar to smoke if you don't want to look too snobby while smoking cigars. This is what Clint Eastwood smoked in the old Western movies.

extravecchio.jpg

HHISIII

One of the Regulars
Ha, same here. I just kinda stumbled into the cutter. Seeing as it's an excellent cutter, I didn't see any reason to get rid of it...
The lighter I got for a song 'not working' and with a little TLC it's perfect now. I told myself I'd flip it and then use the money to buy one of their silver or other colored RG's, but I've grown rather fond of this one.

I picked up a Gurkha something or the other and a 1990 Rocky Patel at the shop while trying to glean a few bits of info on the market from the owner.

I've got this crazy idea for a beer/wine bar/smoke shop down in the touristy section of town and he seems to think that the island can support it, even in this crappy economy. It's a pipe (pun intended) dream right now, but very small pieces keep seeming to fall in place. My neighbors at work just got a few tons (literally) of cedar given to them and have no idea what they're going to do with it all :rolleyes: A few other bits and pieces have fallen into place as well including one fairly serious potential investor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner