Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

SteveAS

Practically Family
2006 Cohiba Coronas Especiale. It was a little dull for most of its length, which was disappointing because the other cigars in this box have been very flavorful. [huh]

SteveAS

Practically Family
BobC said:
Yesterday, 2 Trinidad Habano petit coronas. These have become among my favorites. A small, quick smoke with very good construction and very good, full flavor.

Do you mean Trinidad Reyes? I don't have a lot of experience with this cigar, but the box I smoked were all quite mild. That surprised me because, as you seem to have found, most people describe these as full-flavored. [huh]

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here

BobC

CAO Mx2 robusto tonight. I bought two of these in Chattanooga when we went to Monteagle for Fedorafest II in March. I smoked the first in Monteagle that weekend and remember tossing it thinking it was too strong and too harsh. The second has been resting in my humidor until tonight. I enjoyed this one much more. It was still full flavored but much smoother. I think these may be worth investing in a box to put back for aging. Given more time they would probably be quite good.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Just realise that I have not smoked a cigar in 4 weeks:eek:

Joke aside - I have made an effort to stop smoking small cigarillos - which in my mind are nothing but cigarettes. And smoked just as easily.
And I guesse I am over the worst now and can - someday - have a cigar and enjoy it, without starting smokinge several small cigarillos everyday.
That is the grand plan!

HHISIII

One of the Regulars
Spitfire said:
Just realise that I have not smoked a cigar in 4 weeks:eek:

Joke aside - I have made an effort to stop smoking small cigarillos - which in my mind are nothing but cigarettes. And smoked just as easily.
And I guesse I am over the worst now and can - someday - have a cigar and enjoy it, without starting smokinge several small cigarillos everyday.
That is the grand plan!

Good Job! Now go get yourself a nice cigar and Scotch to celebrate! lol
In all seriousness, I try to limit myself to 4 cigars a week. It all averages out, some weeks I'll have more and then sometimes I'll go a few weeks without a single cigar.

BobC

Cain maduro torpedo last night, another cigar purchased in March in TN. Not bad at all. Full, smooth and tasty with a nice spicy finish.

BobC

I've had two enjoyable maduros this week, the CAO Mx2 and the Cain. I'm getting the impression these may just need a little more aging than they get before they are released for sale. I like buying cigars that age well, and these two are on my list as soon as I get some more space to store them.

HHISIII

One of the Regulars
Last night was a Patel 1990 with a large bottle of Duvel (I think they're a hair over a litre)

Tonight will be a Gurkha Assassin and another Duvel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner