Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

DblCoronaMS

One of the Regulars
I had a Rocky Patel Decade while watching the Mardi Gras parade in Biloxi, MS on Tuesday and a CAO CX2 this afternoon as I sat by the pond tossing stale bread to the fish.

The Decade was a very nice cigar! The CAO was a bit dried out as it's been in my 3 finger leather case and out of the humidor since Monday but still a good smoke.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
RedPop4 said:
I delved into one of my less frequented humidors, an antique brass and copper cannister, and found this cigar.
Wow, how many humidors do you have? I have 2, little 20-25 cigars each:(

We need a "show us your" thread for humidors and cigar accessories!:D

Humidors, cutters, ashtrays, lighters.....

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
After last night....

I not only spun into on coming traffic sideways... I then spun back into my previously lane and came to a hault in a small drift caused by the plows...

If that drift wasn't there... I would have rolled sideways down a hill....

1 gulp of whatever I grabbed when I walked in the door and a honey weiss chaser, followed by a bowl of sunset rum, while I dug my car into the driveway!!

Take care and be safe everyone!!

Cheers!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Badluck Brody said:
I not only spun into on coming traffic sideways... I then spun back into my previously lane and came to a hault in a small drift caused by the plows...

If that drift wasn't there... I would have rolled sideways down a hill....

1 gulp of whatever I grabbed when I walked in the door and a honey weiss chaser, followed by a bowl of sunset rum, while I dug my car into the driveway!!

Take care and be safe everyone!!

Cheers!
:eek: :eek: :eek: Glad your'e ok!

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
I JUST smoked a Arturo Fuente Short Story in honor of the end of the writer's strike and me NOT having to go out to a corner in Burbank at 6am and carry a picket sign tomorrow. Best cigar I've had in a while.

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
Thanks Indycop

I actually just had one of my buddies from the academy loose his wife that way... They got into a wreck about a week back in PA and she passed right in his arms.... I couldn't imagine!

If there would have been oncoming we would have both been done for!!

Thanks again and take care!

RedPop4

One Too Many
indycop said:
Wow, how many humidors do you have? I have 2, little 20-25 cigars each:(

We need a "show us your" thread for humidors and cigar accessories!:D

Humidors, cutters, ashtrays, lighters.....

<looks around> On my left, on an end table I have a glass-topped "Sam's-i-dor, that my friend gave me. It's about a 100-125 count that my friend purchased at Sam's some years ago for around $35. Yeah, it's likely contact paper veneer, but the interior and the tray are Spanish cedar.

Underneath that I have a brand new CAO America humidor that Jon Huber, director of Lifestyle Marketing for CAO sent to me for conducting an interview with him. Cigar Weekly Interview with Jon Huber This humidor will hold at least 200 cigars, but it doesn't yet. These are limited and I"m fortunate to have one, they'd retail for nearly $300 or more. My handle over on CW is TommyBB

Atop that I have a ten cigar leather Dunhill travel humidor another friend gave me some years ago.

On my right, on a "nightstand" that doubles as a file cabinet, I have my first humidor, a short, flat 20-25 count that my wife bought me when I first started in 1997; got them for Christmas 1997 and Fathers' Day 1998. Next to that is a pipe stand with my four pipes.

Just next, is my desk, and on there is my antique (1920s) hammered brass/copper cannister humidor.

In my bedroom closet are two coolerdors, but they're rather empty now.

RedPop4

One Too Many
I'll try to snap some, in the meantime I'll search google for images.

I also have an antique humidro, that belonged to the father of a co-worker at my last school. It's a smallish, oak humi, with some scratching on the top and in need of a new liner. It sits on my desk here at work with a few cigars should the lunch hour weather be entirely irresistable.

RedPop4

One Too Many
07445.gif

This is a new, aluminum version. Mine has a nice patina on it, and a couple dents. The humidifier that sits inside the "handle" of the lid, is long gone, so I use a Credo tube humidifier in there. It sure seals up tight, that's for sure.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
RedPop4 said:
07445.gif

This is a new, aluminum version. Mine has a nice patina on it, and a couple dents. The humidifier that sits inside the "handle" of the lid, is long gone, so I use a Credo tube humidifier in there. It sure seals up tight, that's for sure.
Cool! I've never seen a humidor like this!:rolleyes:

RedPop4

One Too Many
I was shocked when I got the box home from FedEx. I expected a few CAO ball caps or something, not all the stuff he sent me.

20_CAO_O_Ashtray.sized.jpg

21_CAO_O_Ashtray.sized.jpg

22_CAO_O_Ashtray.sized.jpg

23_CAO_O_Ashtray.sized.jpg

CAO "O" Ashtray

5_Antique_brass_and_copper_cannister_humidor.sized.jpg

6_Humidors.sized.jpg

That's my antique cannister humidor, purchased off of eBay in 1997 or 1998, but given to me by my best friend and my wife. It's sitting atop my very first humidor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana