Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
RedPop4 said:
22_CAO_O_Ashtray.sized.jpg

23_CAO_O_Ashtray.sized.jpg

CAO "O" Ashtray

Do they sell these or are they just corporate stuff?

RedPop4

One Too Many
indycop said:
Absolutely beautiful!!!!:eek:

The cigar, the CAO America is pretty good, too. Look at my article to see photos of it, it has two wrappers, to create a striped look. It's made with very strong tobaccos, but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle.

RedPop4

One Too Many
We have a big event coming at the end of April, the 24th-26th.
I'd give ya one.

Spiridon will be there, as will DblCoronaMS, maybe even TaxMan1
Good hats will abound, either way, as well.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
RedPop4 said:
The cigar, the CAO America is pretty good, too. Look at my article to see photos of it, it has two wrappers, to create a striped look. It's made with very strong tobaccos, but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle.
I have looked at the America and I believe its called the Potomac but have yet to try one:rolleyes:

indycop

I'll Lock Up
RedPop4 said:
While looking on CAO's site I noticed they have an event in Jacksonville on the 20th!!:D :D :D :D

dogsplayinpoker

New in Town
RP the Edge

pretty good smoke for under $6.
Earlier had a bowl of Kingfisher in my one Dunhill while waiting at the hospital.
Probably broke the law while smoking in my car... oh well!:rolleyes:

saturnoir

New in Town
indycop said:
I have looked at the America and I believe its called the Potomac but have yet to try one:rolleyes:

I smoked an America Anthem today (that's the one in the fancy wood box) and I have to say I like this cigar. CAO rarely lets me down, but I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this one.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Had an Omar Ortiz today. Maybe it was just a bad one but it was like smoking a stick. The thing was hard as a rock. Also picked up a CAO gold and a Cameroon as well as a Oliva series V.

RedPop4

One Too Many
We have a new article up on Cigar Weekly This should REALLY appeal to you fine lovers of vintage and antique items. I'd love to do this, as well.

MrTapes said:
A few weeks ago, I came across a thread in the Cigar Weekly forums entitled Show Me Your Humi, and saw something there I really liked. It was an old icebox CW member Thomkm (Tom) had converted into a humidor.

ice_chest01.jpg

Thomkm's icebox turned humidor... Fantastic work.

The icebox is a precursor to the refrigerator. In the era before domestic electric appliances became commonplace, an ice man would deliver a block of ice to a typical household, usually on a daily basis. Once the block was placed in the chamber of the icebox, the tin lining inside the box conducted the cold throughout the interior, keeping the stored food cold.

Thomkm's humidor appeared so awesome that I knew I had to have something like it. I certainly didn’t have either the room or the budget for something as big or elaborate as his, and so I looked around for a smaller icebox unit.

With a little bit of luck, I found a nice icebox on eBay and won the auction for it

ice_chest02.jpg

The exterior of the original ice chest as I received it.

Lefty W.

One of the Regulars
Christmas Cheer

Just smoked the last of my 2002 edition of McClelland's Christmas Cheer, in a David Jones Regency sandblast billiard pipe.

I've heard the 2007 version of CC is supposed to be good. Can anybody verify?

Lefty W.

dogsplayinpoker

New in Town
Lefty W. said:
Just smoked the last of my 2002 edition of McClelland's Christmas Cheer, in a David Jones Regency sandblast billiard pipe.

I've heard the 2007 version of CC is supposed to be good. Can anybody verify?

Lefty W.

yep, it's good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto