Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
RedPop4 said:
Yeah, that's Rich, he goes by Mealstrom over on Cigar Weekly
You met Carrie, Ed's wife?
No he said he was working the shop on Sat. so she could be with the kids. He was typing on Cigar Weekly while we were there, I told him about you on the lounge and that I thought you were TommyBB on CW. He said yep he knew ya.:)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Oh, after the Escape with CAO event I signed up for the newsletter on their site. We got an email Sat.about the new limited CAO license plates. If you were in the first 10 to send a pic of you smoking your favorite CAO in front of your vehicle you get a plate. Being that the email was from Saturday and we didn't get home until Sunday I figured too late but took a pic Of dee smoking a gold maduro and sent it in. Mr. Huber replied ! and will be sending my new plate soon !!:D He exchanged a few emails back and forth about the different cigars. We had mentioned that the America is advertised as full but it and the Brazilia were so smooth it really did not seem that way.
So anyway we are now CAO fans!:rolleyes:

And for last night I had a Brazilia and Deelovely had a gold maduro.:D

warbird

One Too Many
Nice accessories RedPop. CAO does have some great humidors. I have had a nagging cold for weeks. No Cigars at all as of late.

Indycop, until you get bigger humis you need to make yourself a coolerdor . That way you can kep collectin cigars w/o the expense of more and more humis. A nice humidor is great when you have extra cash, but me I'd rather have more cigars.

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
Work and word are eased

A blend from Edleez, a local tobacconist, called, "Burley Light," in my Peterson New Standard.

I'm sampling this particular blend. I haven't yet settled on a regular one, although another one of their called, "Lexington," that I sampled at the end of last year quite pleased me. Their 'Van Rensselaer disappointed me; it tasted like hot air.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
warbird said:
Indycop, until you get bigger humis you need to make yourself a coolerdor . That way you can kep collectin cigars w/o the expense of more and more humis. A nice humidor is great when you have extra cash, but me I'd rather have more cigars.
I may need a tutorial on that one. I picked up a bunch more CAO's today and have pretty much reached the limit of my 2 meager humidors....:eek:

RedPop4

One Too Many
Indy, in the next couple weeks, I think two Mondays away, our feature article on CW will be making a "coolerdor" and all the possibilities it entails. If you can't wait that long, the principle is simple.

Take a good sized Igloo, Coleman, Gott, ice chest. Clean it out well, get rid of any new plastic or lingering odors.

Get some cigar boxes or go to the lumberyard and get a small piece of Spanish cedar (sand it a touch to rough it and release the aroma.) Do NOT use American cedar. Put it in the cooler. Make a humidifier, put it in the cooler, then transfer your cigars in there in a couple days.

Instant, CHEAP humidor, and they work!!!! Simply open the top once a month or so for a few minutes to allow an air exchange and you're good to go, so long as you maintain the temperature and relative humidity in the 70¬?/65% range.

warbird

One Too Many
indycop said:
so just lay the cedar in the bottom then and leave it?

Yes.

Or you can use spanish cedar cigar boxes, which you can usually get from the cigar shop for $2-3. There are several choices for a humidifier. Some people like to get some green planters foam like the flower shops use. It's also what most humidifiers are made from which you buy in the shop. They mix distilled water and propolene glycol (which you can buy from a pharmacy) 50/50 and that will hold about 70% humidity.

Personally I prefer the silica options, such as The Puck or Drymistat tubes. They hold 65-70% and they work far superior to the foam with almost no chance of mold, which the foam has a tendency to do.

With a coolerador you can go as big or small as you want. A digital hygrometer is a great investment for about $20 to know how high or low the humi is for your cooler. For less than $40-50 you can have a humi that works great and can hold hundreds of cigars.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
warbird said:
Yes.

Or you can use spanish cedar cigar boxes, which you can usually get from the cigar shop for $2-3. There are several choices for a humidifier. Some people like to get some green planters foam like the flower shops use. It's also what most humidifiers are made from which you buy in the shop. They mix distilled water and propolene glycol (which you can buy from a pharmacy) 50/50 and that will hold about 70% humidity.

Personally I prefer the silica options, such as The Puck or Drymistat tubes. They hold 65-70% and they work far superior to the foam with almost no chance of mold, which the foam has a tendency to do.

With a coolerador you can go as big or small as you want. A digital hygrometer is a great investment for about $20 to know how high or low the humi is for your cooler. For less than $40-50 you can have a humi that works great and can hold hundreds of cigars.
I favor the drymistats! I use them totally now that my other humidifier got mold. Is it true that one drymistat is needed for every 10 or so cigars if using something as big as a cooler?

spiridon

A-List Customer
Coolerdors work great InyCop.....a very efficient and effective way to store cigars, especially as your collection continues to expand.

RedPop may want to start installing some special locks on all of his Humis.....I am not partaking of any cigars between now and the Boston Marathon.....BUT when we get together at RedPop's the week after Boston......I'll be ready for some SERIOUS cigar smokin' !! Hehehehehe:D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
spiridon said:
Coolerdors work great InyCop.....a very efficient and effective way to store cigars, especially as your collection continues to expand.

RedPop may want to start installing some special locks on all of his Humis.....I am not partaking of any cigars between now and the Boston Marathon.....BUT when we get together at RedPop's the week after Boston......I'll be ready for some SERIOUS cigar smokin' !! Hehehehehe:D
The Boston Marathon!!!!!!!!! Holy Cow!!:eek: :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21