Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

DesertDan

One Too Many
Lately I have been smoking Savinelli R&R Serie Y in a churchill size.
I just happened to pick one up from the local shop because they had them for 20% off and the guys said it was pretty good. Turns out they are very good and I went back and bought half a dozen more. :D

DesertDan

One Too Many
Savinelli 2005 Special Selection, torpedo. Not bad but had a slightly bitter undertone so would probably be better with some aging.

Tomorrow I will be trying the Savinelli 'S' Liga Especial, toro. I'll let ya know how it goes.

BladeOfAnduril

One of the Regulars
I was at a wedding on Friday and smoked my first cigar. It was a "Rocky Patel The Edge Battalion". I usually can't stand the smell of cigars, but this one was really quite nice. I enjoyed it and look forward to smoking one again some day.

DesertDan

One Too Many
Well I smoked the Savinelli Liga Especial and it was quite good. It drew well and burned consistantly, the only complaint was that as I got past the band down to the last 2 inches or so it had a bit of wrapper seperation but nothing too bad. The flavor was consistant all the way through, not a complex blend and definitely on the light side of medium-bodied.

So of them all I still like the R&R the best and if I can find a box I will buy one because it appears that Savinelli has stopped making that blend. If the 2005 Special Selection ages out the slight bitterness that it had then it will be a good cigar. I am going to pick up a few more and put them in the humi for a few months to see how they do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner