Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tell us more about the tea and scotch pairing.

The owner paired the Glenmorangie 18 y.o. with their Darjeeling white peony tea. The sweetness in the Glenmorangie is accentuated by the slightly sweetened tea which makes it easy to drink. However, the Glenmorangie has a complicated citrus aftertaste which was masked by the tea.
The second pair was Laphroaig with the Oolong tea. The Laphroaig is smokey and I can't get the aftertaste. The Oolong makes it much easier to drink.
Personally, I prefer the Laphroaig straight with the cigar but my friends think that is too strong. As for the tea pairing, none of us really get it. I think it just kind of makes it easier to drink by watering it down and adding some sweetness to it. Perhaps to serve as universal party drinks.

Last edited:
The owner paired the Glenmorangie 18 y.o. with their Darjeeling white peony tea. The sweetness in the Glenmorangie is accentuated by the slightly sweetened tea which makes it easy to drink. However, the Glenmorangie has a complicated citrus aftertaste which was masked by the tea.
The second pair was Laphroaig with the Oolong tea. The Laphroaig is smokey and I can't get the aftertaste. The Oolong makes it much easy to drink.
Personally, I prefer the Laphroaig straight with the cigar but my friends think that is too strong. As for the tea pairing, none of us really get it. I think it just kind of makes it easier to drink by watering it down and adding some sweetness to it. Perhaps to serve as universal party drinks.

Or just to sell tea. :p I wouldn't pair any tea with either of those scotches. :p

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Interesting that it's used to mask to a degree instead of enhance. Is Dimple very popular?

A. Flores 1975 Maduro no. 54 this morning and a El Cubano especial figurado from Texas City. Rolled on site aged in my humidor .

Tom D.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Interesting that it's used to mask to a degree instead of enhance. Is Dimple very popular?

A. Flores 1975 Maduro no. 54 this morning and a El Cubano especial figurado from Texas City. Rolled on site aged in my humidor .

Tom D.

The manager of the outlet which held the event was joking today about anyone who pays USD 200 for a bottle of tea would like to enjoy it without the Scotch and vice versa. Bottom line is that bottle of Darjeeling tastes like Snapple but less sweet.
Today were RyJ wide churchill, Hoyo du Prince and another Fonseca cosaco.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steveng183