Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

deelovely

Practically Family
Eduard said:
Did you really like these??? :eek:
What is your favorite cigar if I may ask?
Well, I started out liking flavours... acid cigars by Drew Estates and the flavoured ones by CAO... but I have been experimenting and broadening my tastes... right now I would say my favorite is the Montecristo Platinum. :)

Eduard

Familiar Face
deelovely said:
Well, I started out liking flavours... acid cigars by Drew Estates and the flavoured ones by CAO... but I have been experimenting and broadening my tastes... right now I would say my favorite is the Montecristo Platinum. :)

Aha... Since 8 or 9 years I only smoke Cubans but before I smoked several other longfillers... Mexican, Brasilian, Hondurian, Dominican...
Did you ever try a Fuente? Arturo Fuente Double Chateau is a very good Domenican cigar. I'm pretty sure you are going to like that one...

rmrdaddy said:
Ahhh
Good man, I think you nailed it, overhumidified from the vendor.
Can't blame them really. Handling and transportation take their toll. Frigid cargo holds in planes, and baking heat in UPS trucks and the like. Ship 'em with a high RH and alleviate some of the risk of damage in transit.
Smoke on sir!

Well, I tried another one yesterday and it still is burning uneven. Fortunately, I had the torch lighter handy and just corected the run.;) :p
I am about ready to leave them out in the sun now. :rolleyes:
Perhaps I should just let them age.
I grabbed a Bolivar day before. Not bad but the stuff that comes from places other then that exotic little island has some issues with construction. The cap was poorly applied and it just lacked something. I think it was fuerte as the Cubans might say. ;)

Eduard said:
Lusitania.jpg

Sometimes I'm just in the mood for something BIG :D
The Partagas Lusitania is definately one of the finest cigars on the planet! Started off gently and then the flavours grew to full bodied at the halfway point. The finish was great and not bitter or harsh. Excellent construction with a perfect draw throughout. A beautiful cigar to look at and to enjoy. 2 hours of cigar smoking heaven, cheers :cool:

Geez, I think I might have an 8-9-8 when I get home after reading such glowing praise. ;) :D

Eduard

Familiar Face
jamespowers said:
Geez, I think I might have an 8-9-8 when I get home after reading such glowing praise. ;) :D

8-9-8 is a fantastic cigar! Pure Partagas, great full bodied flavour, perfect burn and not harsh at all but just don't compare it with the Lusitania ;)

Eduard

Familiar Face
jamespowers said:
How about the Partagas Culebra then? ;) :p

Its presentation is unique (and cool) but these taste different than the "old" Culebras. They are good, that's for sure but in this case I would prefer 8-9-8.

Are you a Partagas fan or do you like Cubans in general?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
I gave another Felipe GreGROSS another try. It was only slightly better than the last, no tinny metallic taste but then again no real taste to brag about.[huh]

indycop said:
I gave another Felipe GreGROSS another try. It was only slightly better than the last, no tinny metallic taste but then again no real taste to brag about.[huh]

My suggestion would be to bury them in the humidor and forget about them. They sound like cigars that are going through their sick stage. Try another six months from now. I bet it will taste different then. :D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
My suggestion would be to bury them in the humidor and forget about them. They sound like cigars that are going through their sick stage. Try another six months from now. I bet it will taste different then. :D
I will do that, I HAVE to make a coolidor before the Por Larranagas get here. I have no room in my 2 small humidors.:eusa_doh:

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
indycop said:

Which Felipe Gregorios did you order? I've been enjoying
the "Dos Capas" for a while now. Surely it's not those?
If it is, maybe I should take them off your hands?

Never tried any of their other cigars.

Eduard

Familiar Face
jamespowers said:
I like both actually. ;) :D
They definitely have a taste all their own. ;)

Great, so you are a true aficionado :D
I smoke cigars for almost 20 years now and the last 8 or 9 years only Cubans... Still didn't smoke all Cuban brands yet :D

Ever been visiting Cuba?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
feltfan said:
Which Felipe Gregorios did you order? I've been enjoying
the "Dos Capas" for a while now. Surely it's not those?
If it is, maybe I should take them off your hands?

Never tried any of their other cigars.
The Icons, hopefully some time in the humidor will help them.

MissS

A-List Customer
Diplomaticos No 5 tonight. Really enjoyed the flavours of this one, which was beautifully constructed and very yummy. Just right for a quick (20 min) smoke.

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Nice lil smoke there MissS!
You might want to look into some other minutos, Montecristo #5,
Ramon Allones Small Club Corona, Trinidad Reyes, and the San Cristobal
De La Habana El Principe.
Keep Smoking! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou