Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Eduard

Familiar Face
MissS said:
Diplomaticos No 5 tonight. Really enjoyed the flavours of this one, which was beautifully constructed and very yummy. Just right for a quick (20 min) smoke.

Good choice! You can't go wrong with this cigar - reasonably priced and well tasting!!! This cigar takes me about 35-40 minutes to finish... You shouldn't hurry your smoke cuz 20 minutes it way too short to enjoy this cigar...

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Last night I had half of a La Perla Habana, I have never heard of it before seeing it in the Aromas cigar bar by my house.
It was fairly dry but with an extremely hard draw. I was at work so I stuck a toothpick in it to try and open it up a little. It took it a couple of inches before I could draw from it without great effort. This may or may not be because of where I bought it from. Their cigars have not been right and I wonder if they will stay in business. shakeshead
Anyway as I just started to get a little flavor from it I had to let it go. I was smoking it at work while lurking about on the ATV. I was hidden by the treeline of a parking lot trying to enjoy a cigar while watching for activity. I finally saw someone hiding a small backpack under a car and as he was making his exit caught up with him on the 4wheeler. Turns out his pack contained a bong and drugs so while dealing with him and trying to keep a cigar with a hard draw going, the cigar lost out.:mad:

Eduard said:
Great, so you are a true aficionado :D
I smoke cigars for almost 20 years now and the last 8 or 9 years only Cubans... Still didn't smoke all Cuban brands yet :D

Ever been visiting Cuba?

I don't know about being a true aficionado. I just know what I like. ;)
I am probably working on about ten serious years so you have a decade up on me. :D
I still don't smoke all cubans either. I tend to choose that which I like. Cubans are a breed to themselves. They are not necessarily the best but they are distinct to themselves. They are separate but equal. ;)
Never been to Cuba as its illegal for me to go there. [huh] However the cigars tend to make it to me rather easily. ;) :p

indycop said:
Last night I had half of a La Perla Habana, I have never heard of it before seeing it in the Aromas cigar bar by my house.
It was fairly dry but with an extremely hard draw. I was at work so I stuck a toothpick in it to try and open it up a little. It took it a couple of inches before I could draw from it without great effort. This may or may not be because of where I bought it from. Their cigars have not been right and I wonder if they will stay in business. shakeshead
Anyway as I just started to get a little flavor from it I had to let it go. I was smoking it at work while lurking about on the ATV. I was hidden by the treeline of a parking lot trying to enjoy a cigar while watching for activity. I finally saw someone hiding a small backpack under a car and as he was making his exit caught up with him on the 4wheeler. Turns out his pack contained a bong and drugs so while dealing with him and trying to keep a cigar with a hard draw going, the cigar lost out.:mad:

Don't feel bad. I tried one of the Romeo y Julietas I got from the promo radio thing. It was still in its sick stage. Inhaling ammonia was not my idea of a good smoke. :eusa_doh: Back in the humidor the rest went. [huh]

MissS

A-List Customer
rmrdaddy said:
Nice lil smoke there MissS!
You might want to look into some other minutos, Montecristo #5,
Ramon Allones Small Club Corona, Trinidad Reyes, and the San Cristobal
De La Habana El Principe.
Keep Smoking! :)

Is that what the little ones are called? So cute! Thanks for the tips - I'll see if my lovely cigar man has any of these for me to try.

Eduard said:
Good choice! You can't go wrong with this cigar - reasonably priced and well tasting!!! This cigar takes me about 35-40 minutes to finish... You shouldn't hurry your smoke cuz 20 minutes it way too short to enjoy this cigar...

I'll let my cigar man know you gents approved! :) Oh, and I was freezing my tush off sitting outside last night and the others were all smoking cigarettes *yucky*, so I probably puffed away a little faster than I should have. I promise to slow down next time, as it was definately well tasting and especialy seeing cigars are certainly not reasonably priced here in Oz!

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
I got together with a few buddies Tuesday evening at a local watering hole that added a nice outdoor patio (read Smoking) area recently. We made sure we could partake of cigars (we could) and lit up. Ahhhhhh!
I had a Rocky Patel Edge Missile with the corojo wrapper. A very tasty stick, and one of my standbys.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
You would think that, for the price, they would be decent right out of the box. :rolleyes: :p
Nothing last night. I had some Clontarf if that helps though. :cheers1:
They were not bad out of the box, just better now but those Felipes on the other hand....

indycop said:
They were not bad out of the box, just better now but those Felipes on the other hand....

One could say you got what you paid for with those Felipes then? ;) :p
The R & J experience kind of made me cigar shy. That menthol taste in a cigar just was not very appealing. :eusa_doh: I hope they age well because they sure don't come from the factory ready to go. :eusa_doh:

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
One could say you got what you paid for with those Felipes then? ;) :p
The R & J experience kind of made me cigar shy. That menthol taste in a cigar just was not very appealing. :eusa_doh: I hope they age well because they sure don't come from the factory ready to go. :eusa_doh:
Unless they improve I would say I got less than what I paid for. But the Por Larranagas will be here Monday.:)

indycop said:
Unless they improve I would say I got less than what I paid for. But the Por Larranagas will be here Monday.:)

WHAT!? Mine won't be here until the day after and I ordered way before you! Something is screwy here. You must have slipped them something extra or used that blue uniform. :p ;) Darn! :D
At least those are highly rated. Felipe Dogrocket---not so much. [huh]

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
WHAT!? Mine won't be here until the day after and I ordered way before you! Something is screwy here. You must have slipped them something extra or used that blue uniform. :p ;) Darn! :D
At least those are highly rated. Felipe Dogrocket---not so much. [huh]
Mine are coming from that exotic little brown truck.lol

deelovely

Practically Family
Eduard said:
Aha... Since 8 or 9 years I only smoke Cubans but before I smoked several other longfillers... Mexican, Brasilian, Hondurian, Dominican...
Did you ever try a Fuente? Arturo Fuente Double Chateau is a very good Domenican cigar. I'm pretty sure you are going to like that one...
I have only tried the Curly head and the Reserva, I think it is? And of course the Opus X.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jamespowers said:
Come to think of it, I took advantage of the three cigar Montecristo Platinum deal on the Altadis USA site for $9.99. 1 Habana #2 (52 x 6 1/8) 1 Toro (50 x 6) and 1 Robusto (50 x 5). (www.montecristoradio.com) The deal is supposed to ended October 31, 2008. One per household. Fortunately, I have three addresses to use. ;) :p
I missed the free cigar offer they had last month---darn it!
The 6-8 week wait isn't going to kill me. I still have plenty of Monte No.2 to go through. ;)
JP, did your cigars ever arrive? Mine sure haven't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou