Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

indycop said:
whaaaatever!!lol

It has a Cuban name but definitely not a Cuban taste profile---or event he construction. I had to keep turning it like a lathe to keep it burning straight. :rolleyes:
It had some decent flavors for CAO but a La Flor Dominicana it is not.
The cap was not exactly well constructed and it exploded when I cut it with my cigar cutter. It took a while to warm up and deliver but by then the robusto size was nearly gone through. [huh]

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
It has a Cuban name but definitely not a Cuban taste profile---or event he construction. I had to keep turning it like a lathe to keep it burning straight. :rolleyes:
It had some decent flavors for CAO but a La Flor Dominicana it is not.
The cap was not exactly well constructed and it exploded when I cut it with my cigar cutter. It took a while to warm up and deliver but by then the robusto size was nearly gone through. [huh]
Maybe it just knew it was you, I've never had a problem...;) :p :p

indycop said:
:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :p :p

Well, I decided to give the right handed smoke bender another try. :p
Gee, so much for consistency within a box. This Divino was well constructed with an even cap and a near perfect draw. No problems with this one delivering from the start. Nice leathery smoke with a touch of wood that had a long finish. I smoked this one to the nub (ouch fingers!).
The first one I had must have been made by an apprentice. I have never had such an inconsistent box but if there is an even better one in the box, I'll look forward to it. If there are other dog rockets in the box, I know just who to save them for. ;) :p

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Went ahead and burned the Gurkha. Not too shaggy... er, shabby.

IMG_0245-crop.jpg

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
wildturkey8 said:
Please elaborate, I plan on being in the same area next month. Many thanks.

Sir, I'm sorry I don't remember its name but Indycop knows it since he had found it. Check out The Steamer Trunk, page 59, post #1176 for photos from the shop. It was a very nice shop with a private smoking room attached to a club next door; members only I'm afraid, but they let us tour it because IC had made arrangements ahead of time. IC, DeeLovely, BobC, and I took the field trip and it was well worth it!

Last night I had a Padron 1926; a gift from a friend. Very nice cigar that I'm too cheap to buy myself :eek: !

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paladin said:
Sir, I'm sorry I don't remember its name but Indycop knows it since he had found it. Check out The Steamer Trunk, page 59, post #1176 for photos from the shop. It was a very nice shop with a private smoking room attached to a club next door; members only I'm afraid, but they let us tour it because IC had made arrangements ahead of time. IC, DeeLovely, BobC, and I took the field trip and it was well worth it!

Last night I had a Padron 1926; a gift from a friend. Very nice cigar that I'm too cheap to buy myself :eek: !
Burns tobacco:D

Last night I had cigar smoking company so I decided to run the La Triviata Divino past him just to see what he thought and I could have one as well and spin the wheel of good construction bad construction from the box.:rolleyes:
Anyway, we both got harder drawing cigars from the box. :eusa_doh: His so much so that he used the ice pick to open it up a bit. It was clear just by looking at the cut end that these were far too packed with tobacco. [huh]
I suffered through mine without the ice pick but it certainly affected taste. He dumped his about 3/4 of the way through saying it started to get rangy tasting. :eek: I finished mine down but it was bland. My friend siad it hada flavor but it was way down low behind the smoke and just a tinge of it.
So another foul tip from the Right-handed smoke bender. :rolleyes: :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy