Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
To celebrate the frist day of spring tonight I had a Perdomo Edicion de Silvio maduro robusto. One of the best cigars I've ever had.

How do you guys store your cigars in your humidors? Do you remove the cigars from the plastic before placing them in there, or do you leave the plastic on them?

There are actually two views on this. Some say that cigars stored in their Cello wrappers will age slower due to them not getting enough air circulation around them. The other view is that it protects the cigars from rubs and wrapper damage---the real reason producers package them that way. Perhaps the best reason made for keeping them in their cello wrappers is that the wrapper would slow or stop an infestation of cigar beetles from spreading throughout your humidor:
graycliff_beetles_worst.JPG

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Today I had one of the new 2012 Avo Cigars. A great cigar shop had a tasting event this evening. Very, very nice cigar.
As for storing, I keep my cigars without the cellophane. I've never had a problem and keep them this way to blend the aromas. Here, a shot of my small, desk humidor with 3 Avos I bought tonight among other more hard to obtain that have been aging for a little while a developing plume.

IMG_3079.jpg

Last edited:

ecorrigan

Familiar Face
Those Avos are beautiful. Wish we had someplace around here that would do tasting!! All I have is the generalized smoke shops that sell to everyone in the world! Hell, the other day when I went in, it looked like half of the neighboring High School's senior class was standing outside smoking cheap knock-off cigars. I asked the guy working the counter what they were smoking and he said some cheap, flavored Swisher imitations. They're all standing out there smoking their cheapos and saying: "This tastes great. How much did you pay for yours?" Then they were eyeing me as I walked out with a CAO and a Montecristo with longing in their eyes.
I'm going to have to find some Avos next time I get out and about!!

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Thanks! I'm a regular at two important cigar shops in NYC. They both host regular events and every so often they have a couple of masters rolling new blends of the house brand for people to try them. The ambiance is very nice.
The Avos in my humidor are definitely nice and flavorful but the other three there are immensely better and almost ready to be smoked: Romeo y Julieta and Montecristo made in that beautiful island just around the corner.

Last edited:

ecorrigan

Familiar Face
I can't seem to find anything in the way of a Romeo y Julieta around here to save my life. The Montecristos are few and far between so that's about as good as I can do. How long have you let the RyJ 'age' in your humidor before you decide to enjoy one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112