Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
I can't seem to find anything in the way of a Romeo y Julieta around here to save my life. The Montecristos are few and far between so that's about as good as I can do. How long have you let the RyJ 'age' in your humidor before you decide to enjoy one?

I could be wrong but the Montecristos you get in the USA are Domenican. Mine are Cuban and, let me tell ya, there's a significant difference in taste. These and the Romeo y Julieta have been aging since late September when I got them. Plume/Bloom is forming--some of it got lost in my fingers when I moved them to place the Avos in there-- and once it's a bit more noticeable through the entire cigar, they'll be ready to be enjoyed.

Last edited:

ecorrigan

Familiar Face
From what I've heard, the only way for me to have a genuine Cuban Cigar is to go to Canada... and even that is illegal, I guess, if I'm caught with one since I'm a United States Citizen! If it wasn't illegal, it'd be nice to head to Calgary and have a nice Cuban, but I don't know if that would be at all possible.

DesertDan

One Too Many
It is only illegal for you to bring them into the US. It is not illegal for an American citizen to purchase or smoke them in a country in which they are legally imported.

On another note, if you have no good cigar stores in your area, there a several good on-line retailers. I often order from Cigar.com and have been very happy with their product, prices and shipping.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Mine were a gift from a Cuban friend who came to NY to visit. I didn't ask questions.
When I go to Montreal, I always stop at La casa del Habano to enjoy a couple of cubans. Too bad one can't bring any to the USA. Oh well.

Rycraft

New in Town
Hello everyone. I'm more of a lurker on Fedora so sorry if I'm coming in at random here. This week I've smoked mostly Drew Estate cigars, but also a CAO and a Cain Maduro. I gravitate towards the infused ones because I like the smell/flavour. Kuba Kuba, Windy City, and a coffee flavoured one who's name escapes me at this time.

Cheers.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Those Avos are beautiful. Wish we had someplace around here that would do tasting!! All I have is the generalized smoke shops that sell to everyone in the world! Hell, the other day when I went in, it looked like half of the neighboring High School's senior class was standing outside smoking cheap knock-off cigars. I asked the guy working the counter what they were smoking and he said some cheap, flavored Swisher imitations. They're all standing out there smoking their cheapos and saying: "This tastes great. How much did you pay for yours?" Then they were eyeing me as I walked out with a CAO and a Montecristo with longing in their eyes.
I'm going to have to find some Avos next time I get out and about!!
They might have ditched the tobacco for something else in the wrapper lol

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Hello everyone. I'm more of a lurker on Fedora so sorry if I'm coming in at random here. This week I've smoked mostly Drew Estate cigars, but also a CAO and a Cain Maduro. I gravitate towards the infused ones because I like the smell/flavour. Kuba Kuba, Windy City, and a coffee flavoured one who's name escapes me at this time.

Cheers.
Stick with it and you'll move to the non infused:)

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
From what I've heard, the only way for me to have a genuine Cuban Cigar is to go to Canada... and even that is illegal, I guess, if I'm caught with one since I'm a United States Citizen! If it wasn't illegal, it'd be nice to head to Calgary and have a nice Cuban, but I don't know if that would be at all possible.
Go for the Cuban cigars but don't forget the coffee and rums.

ecorrigan

Familiar Face
I keep eyeing those Gurkha's when I go into my shop. I hear nothing but good about them but haven't tried one yet. At this moment I'm enjoying a Graycliff Avelino Lara 80th. Still freshly into it but it's good so far!! I'm saving my CAO LX2's for some reason. I just got the box, but I want them to last!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112