Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Caleb Bogart

New in Town
001-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This, packed with this.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A Rey del Mundo Choix Supreme, a San Cristobal El Principe and a Jose Piedra Cremas. Last two were given to me by a friend. Bought a box of Diplomaticos #2 today and naturally gave a couple to my friends. Have not tried it yet. Also bought some tobacco, am trying for the first time W O Larsen Signature mixture in my BBB.

Last edited:
A Rey del Mundo Choix Supreme, a San Cristobal El Principe and a Jose Piedra Cremas. Last two were given to me by a friend. Bought a box of Diplomaticos #2 today and naturally gave a couple to my friends. Have not tried it yet. Also bought some tobacco, am trying for the first time W O Larsen Signature mixture in my BBB.

So? How did you like the El Principe? The Piedra is a little too gritty for me. :p
Try the Diplomaticos. They are great cigars. I need to get another box of those.

Blackadder

So? How did you like the El Principe? The Piedra is a little too gritty for me. :p
Try the Diplomaticos. They are great cigars. I need to get another box of those.
The El Principe is great, Piedra is flat and Diplomaticos is completely wasted on account of the 2 thick stems which I eventually pulled out half way thru (a very difficult job given the torpedo shape). I guess one of the reasons the Cuban cigars are getting poorer and poorer is that they simply do not have enough leaves so much so that they have to fill them up with stems. The larger the ring gauge, the more stems they put in which accounts for what happened to your Siglo 6s.

Last edited:
The El Principe is great, Piedra is flat and Diplomaticos is completely wasted on account of the 2 thick stems which I eventually pulled out half way thru (a very difficult job given the torpedo shape). I guess one of the reasons the Cuban cigars are getting poorer and poorer is that they simply do not have enough leaves so much so that they have to fill them up with stems. The larger the ring gauge, the more stems they put in which accounts for what happened to your Siglo 6s.

Gee, I have never experienced that with the Diplomaticos but I have noticed more cases of plugged cigars and stems being a part of the cigar moe often. I usually never find this problem with Partagas but my friend's recent problem with the Super Partagas worries me about that brand as well.
The Non-cuban Partagas Puros that we get here really do have tons of stems in them so it just took Cuba a while to get around to doing the same thing. :p As an aside, I understand that Cuba has been importing tobacco?! :doh:

djhatman

One of the Regulars
I enjoyed a nice Mark Twain. I find it to be the best mild cigar I have tried and really enjoy it for a mild cigar.

Blackadder

Had another Diplomaticos #2, still saw 22 huge stems after cutting it but this time the draw was very smooth. Despite the perfect draw, the stems still kind of destroy the taste. A Saint Luis Rey Pacificos afterwards. 2 torpedos in one afternoon.

Had another Diplomaticos #2, still saw 22 huge stems after cutting it but this time the draw was very smooth. Despite the perfect draw, the stems still kind of destroy the taste. A Saint Luis Rey Pacificos afterwards. 2 torpedos in one afternoon.

Geez, I would take the box back if it were me. It is obvious that they are all not going to be great. :doh:

I had a Gurha Shaggy Torpedo. It was ok but it started off burning pretty hot. For what I paid for them---fine. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran