Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

indycop said:
or even a tupper ware container and I can use it in a cooleridor!lol

You know they sell the crystals by themselves right?
I think the only problem would be getting the humidity right. I find that too much affects the draw of some cigars so you want to be careful there. [huh]
I suppose having a gauge in there to measure humiidty might be a plus. If I were going to use a cooleridor, my first choice would be the Cigar Oasis:
CO-PLUS_th1.gif

Fill it up, plug it in and let it do its job. :D

BFLE.jpg

Library Edition Bolivar Fuerte-Cofradia

The place I bought the box from said they were full bodied, which I took to mean strong. They really are VERY mild. The draw is definitely described as firm. There was a hint of sweetness and maybe some nutty or creamy notes but the draw inhibited my ability to detect more complex flavors. It had a somewhat flowery taste as well. I expect a little bit more out of General cigar's offerings.
I suppose they sold me with the book shaped box more than the cigars though. ;) :p

I don't know why I am such a glutton for punishment but I had to try the last of the sampler of Hoyo de Dogrockets---the Excalibur Limited Edition II

Excalibur%20limited%20edition%20single%20EC%20II%20WR%202.jpg

I just couldn't get into it. The draw on this Hoyo was decent. I have to say that it held about an inch of ash several times and burned evenly.
The taste however was just so muted that all I could get out of it was sort of a woody and vegetal taste. [huh] It finished with kind of a burning paper texture. My brother-in-law, a big cigar guy, could tell I didn't like it much. His comment was on the mild amount of smoke produced that wasn't very aromatic. [huh] Anyone want three Hoyo cigars I am never going to smoke? :p I guess I will save them for guests who won't know the difference. ;)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
I don't know why I am such a glutton for punishment but I had to try the last of the sampler of Hoyo de Dogrockets---the Excalibur Limited Edition II

Excalibur%20limited%20edition%20single%20EC%20II%20WR%202.jpg

I just couldn't get into it. The draw on this Hoyo was decent. I have to say that it held about an inch of ash several times and burned evenly.
The taste however was just so muted that all I could get out of it was sort of a woody and vegetal taste. [huh] It finished with kind of a burning paper texture. My brother-in-law, a big cigar guy, could tell I didn't like it much. His comment was on the mild amount of smoke produced that wasn't very aromatic. [huh] Anyone want three Hoyo cigars I am never going to smoke? :p I guess I will save them for guests who won't know the difference. ;)
I wasn't crazy about dark sumatra but the Excalibur IV i had was decent.[huh]

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
I'll have to check if I have one of those but don't expect me to smoke it. I have aversion to Hoyo syndrome.
Geez, I need a cuban Montecristo to erase it all from my mind.:p
I'll settle for a Maxx The Ego tonight.
How was the Montecristo 3 pack that you linked in an earlier post ?

indycop said:
How was the Montecristo 3 pack that you linked in an earlier post ?

I have not received them yet. It says it will take something like 3-4 weeks. [huh]
I still have enough Montecristo's of other stripes to work with though. ;)
Let's see, Friday was a Maxx the Ego. It still amazes me that it can hang a long ash-- 1 1/2 to 2".
Saturday was a Partagas Culebra. I must be getting used to them because it was quite smoooooth without any real negative strong effect. Later that night was a JR clone of the Padron 1926 Anniversario. This one wasn't the same as one I had before. The draw was fairly firm. So much so that I got out the trusty ice pick. :p That fixed it for a while. It hung a decent ash on it though 1 1/2 to 2".
One thing I have noticed lately is that there are really two classes of cigar for me. There is the one that has a decent mouth feel and leaves no bad aftertaste. Then of course there is the opposite. [huh] :D

RedPop4

One Too Many
Lost another New Orleanian from Cigar Weekly, We dialed it back this weekend. I had a Padron 5000 maduro that I received a few years ago, when another CW friend sent me a box for Christmas. It's still a really good cigar, I think this was the end of those, though.

Anyway, spare a word to the Creator and His Son, if you would, for Dr. Ashley Morris (1963-2008) He died Wednesday, and we'd gotten together for a cigar just the previous Wednesday to greet another member of Cigar Weekly who was visiting the city. Ash and I had almost diametrically opposing political views, it seems--his rhetoric and mine were always tempered when we were together, and I have little patience for opposing views these days. Anyway, his passion and love of this city were beyond any I've seen.

I didn't see him much, but I'm going to miss him just the same.

RedPop4 said:
Lost another New Orleanian from Cigar Weekly, We dialed it back this weekend. I had a Padron 5000 maduro that I received a few years ago, when another CW friend sent me a box for Christmas. It's still a really good cigar, I think this was the end of those, though.

Anyway, spare a word to the Creator and His Son, if you would, for Dr. Ashley Morris (1963-2008) He died Wednesday, and we'd gotten together for a cigar just the previous Wednesday to greet another member of Cigar Weekly who was visiting the city. Ash and I had almost diametrically opposing political views, it seems--his rhetoric and mine were always tempered when we were together, and I have little patience for opposing views these days. Anyway, his passion and love of this city were beyond any I've seen.

I didn't see him much, but I'm going to miss him just the same.

My condolences. Spare word sent.
Gee, where he is, he can smoke anything, anywhere he pleases. :D

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jamespowers said:
The next striped cigar on my list to try is the Felipe Power Dos Cappas or Tres Cappas.

dos_capas.jpg

If you happen to have one laying around......:p
I have 18 of them now that my order came in from CI.
My second 18, BTW. I think they're a great value.

I also received my Gurkha Medley selection. Question is,
since they don't have names on the labels, which is which?
IndyCop, did I throw out the guide to the cigars? The
special isn't on the CI site anymore so... I'm off to pick
one at random.

Will tap an ash for Ash, RedPop.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
feltfan said:
Question is,
since they don't have names on the labels, which is which?
IndyCop, did I throw out the guide to the cigars? The
special isn't on the CI site anymore so... I'm off to pick
one at random.

Will tap an ash for Ash, RedPop.
The lightest colored ones with the silver edition label are definitely mild. I compare to a macanudo gold. I had the dark one the other night that did not have the silver edition label and just said legnd on it. I liked that one, more flavor than the light one but definitely a good deal for the price.:D

I don't remembber getting any guide but I think they are in the catalog or site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot