Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

indycop said:
Have you tried the America yet?:rolleyes: or Cuesta Rey sungrown?

Nope. You haven't dropped them in the mail yet? :p
Ok, now I have some time to recount the rest of the weekend. :D
Saturday was a Petit Edmundo as my jukebox repair guy was working on the juke in my smoking room. :cool2: I offered him one but he said cigars were always too strong for him. I am sure that particular cigar would have been too. :p
In the evening, my friend came over and I broke open the Maxx The Ego. At 9 1/4" inches long and a fair ring size, it was somewhat intimidating. Then came the tasting. This thing is mild in comparison to what I am used to! It makes the Culebras like crack in comparison. :p It has a good draw decent flavor of Cocoa and some spice but very subdued. The whole cigar took over an hour to smoke with a break for dinner in between. All in all, a good cigar for those that like a mild even burning cigar. It held about an inch of ash max. My friend smoked his pipe with a very fragrant blend. :cool2:
Sunday was pretty laid back so I didn't get to the humidor until my brother-in-law and I settled in the smoking room. We got the fireplace going and then I grabbed the Culebra---yeah, I know. ;) I am still amazed at how evenly something that crooked can burn. This time I was surprised to note a sweet finish to the smoke. The cigar didn't give me the spins or anything but then---. At the end, I was trying to get the last bit out of the Culebra. My brother-in-law suggested and putting the rest in my pipe and hot piping the rest. Bad idea. I stumbled back to the house and went to bed. :eusa_doh: :eek:

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've been trying to edumacate myself on the ceegars
lately. Can't smoke Fuente Hemingways all the time.
I joined up to the cigar of the month club at Cigars Intl
and found a few nice ones.

I enjoyed the Felipe Gregorio 'Dos Capas' a couple of months ago, with
two different wrappers candystriped around. My initial
reaction was that it was ugly as sin and a novelty smoke.
But it turned out to be a very enjoyable smoke that, as promised,
varied between two pleasant flavors. Very
reasonably priced.

This month the El Mejor Emerald robusto was nice (last night's
smoke). The Gurkha Grand Age perfecto was pretty good, too.
So I'll get a few of those. I like the club. Not everything is
great, but it forces some variety on me.

As for the CAOs, IC, have you tried the Italia yet?
That's a nice one, too. Like it better than the Black-
more variety to the flavor.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
feltfan said:
IC, have you tried the Italia yet?
That's a nice one, too. Like it better than the Black-
more variety to the flavor.
I have tried the Italias but they are a little strong for me.:eek: I love the Brazilias but for some reason I can definitely feel that the italia is stronger.
Have you tried the Gurkha Black Dragon? A nice oily smoke.:)

feltfan

indycop said:
I have tried the Italias but they are a little strong for me.:eek: I love the Brazilias but for some reason I can definitely feel that the italia is stronger.
Have you tried the Gurkha Black Dragon? A nice oily smoke.:)
That Gurkha Grand Age was my first Gurkha.
I'll add Black Dragon to my list, along with the Brazilias,
which I haven't tried yet.

warbird

One Too Many
I had not had a cigar in quite a while, until my trip to DC week before last. Had a nice Punch Punch and a glass of single malt.

Indycop, next time you come through Nashville, let me know. We will go over to the CAO HQ for a tour and a smoke. They have a 100,000 cigar humidor in the center of the lobby. Many of the cigars are unbanded prototypes. Grab a cigar, smoke it and tell em what you think.

RedPop4

One Too Many
That's something I'd like to do, too, CJ, bein's as you know people there, too. ;)

Let's see here, I got to smoke a couple over Holy Week. Holy Thursday night, the Men's Club usually "patrol the parking lot" for worshipers who choose to stay late. I had a "Top Shelf" that was actually pretty good, burned arrow straight.

Sunday evening, upon returning home from the family festivities, went outside to putter in the garden/yard, so I had a plain old Cuba Aliados. It didn't burn straight at all, it was a touch dry. However it tasted just fine.

We're hooking up tomorrow night with longtime CW member BigSkyTorg who'll be in New Orleans.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
warbird said:
I had not had a cigar in quite a while, until my trip to DC week before last. Had a nice Punch Punch and a glass of single malt.

Indycop, next time you come through Nashville, let me know. We will go over to the CAO HQ for a tour and a smoke. They have a 100,000 cigar humidor in the center of the lobby. Many of the cigars are unbanded prototypes. Grab a cigar, smoke it and tell em what you think.
I will be going through early on the 1st of August on my way to Memphis! That wouldn't even be a detour!:D

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I had a nice smoke of Three Nuns tonight. First pipe I've had in awhile and thoroughly relaxing and enjoyable it was too!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Tonight's:) It took a while and I let it go out once..:eek: :rolleyes:

P3260026.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
No, don't smoke the label. :eek: I would use the toothpick trick that Redpop mentioned. Works fine for me. ;) :p
I was sitting comfortably and it was almost 1 am so I said goodbye to the best CAO so far..:)
The 2 best Americas I have had I had with a Coke! I know certain cigars go better with certain drinks but a Coke?lol

Just ordered the weekly special from Cigars International! 15 Gurkhas for 39.99.
Never ordered from CI before, I hope they are decent:rolleyes:

indycop said:
I was sitting comfortably and it was almost 1 am so I said goodbye to the best CAO so far..:)
The 2 best Americas I have had I had with a Coke! I know certain cigars go better with certain drinks but a Coke?lol

Just ordered the weekly special from Cigars International! 15 Gurkhas for 39.99.

Looks like a good deal---especially with the Churchill sizes and including the symphony. :D

feltfan

indycop said:

Just ordered that special myself.
I have found CI to be a good deal and their cigars to
be fresh and well packed. So far so good, anyway.

While I was at it, I got some more of those Dos Capas
(what a deal) and a few other things... not sure what
my humidor's capacity might be, but it's not very big.

Reminds me of a story someone told me this week.
His brother lives in Boca Raton and has 7000 cigars on
hand. He asked his brother what kind of humidor fits
that many cigars? He said, "I live in Boca! It's a natural humidor!".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80