Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Yesterday was a Partagas Culeba. Popularly known as crooks and you can see why:
Partagas-Culebras.jpg

This was pretty strong as a cigar. Not to be attempted on an empty stomach (which was my problem). I was amazed that the cigar burned exceptionally evenly for something so crookedly rolled!:eek: It also held almost 2" of ash. It was a strong tobacco but you expect that from a geniune crook. I enjoyed the complex flavor of leather and spice. The smoke didn't choke the room---it was fairly pleasant as opposed to my wife saying that cigar stinks long after I have finished it. :D

Regards to all,

J

RedPop4

One Too Many
If you can smoke that Culebra, you can handle a CAO America.

Busy weekend, Friday night was a Carlos Tora?±o Exodus 1959 that must have had four years on it. Very nice, didn't knock me on my arse like it used to.

Saturday night brought what I THINK was a Juan Lopez Selecci??n #2. It was naked, so I couldn't tell. But I had another JL in my travel humidor, and the wrappers were nearly identical in color, not that that means anything.

Yesterday was a Hemingway out at the St. Patrick's Day parade.

All in all, a good smoking weekend.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
RedPop4 said:
If you can smoke that Culebra, you can handle a CAO America.

Busy weekend, Friday night was a Carlos Tora?±o Exodus 1959 that must have had four years on it. Very nice, didn't knock me on my arse like it used to.

Saturday night brought what I THINK was a Juan Lopez Selecci??n #2. It was naked, so I couldn't tell. But I had another JL in my travel humidor, and the wrappers were nearly identical in color, not that that means anything.

Yesterday was a Hemingway out at the St. Patrick's Day parade.

All in all, a good smoking weekend.
Do you consider the America a strong cigar or the Culebra not so strong? I know the America is listed as full along with the Brazilia and the Italia, but I love the America and the Brazilia and I don't normally do well with strong cigars. The Italia on the other hand feels too strong for me.

RedPop4

One Too Many
I've only had one CAO America, and I haven't had a Brazilia in ages. Never had an Italia. I saw a good friend of mine, who smokes almost exclusively, well, you know....he's a big man. And the CAO America had him in a sweat. Yet I had no trouble with it.

RedPop4 said:
I've only had one CAO America, and I haven't had a Brazilia in ages. Never had an Italia. I saw a good friend of mine, who smokes almost exclusively, well, you know....he's a big man. And the CAO America had him in a sweat. Yet I had no trouble with it.

In a sweat?! That's amazing. I have to try one of these for sure now. :p
If it is stronger than the Culebra then something must be wrong. ;) :p

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
In a sweat?! That's amazing. I have to try one of these for sure now. :p
Ya think!lol :D :D Then you can get yer CAO ashtray!lol :eek: :rolleyes:
If it is stronger than the Culebra then something must be wrong. ;) :p
It can't be all that strong cause I don't do well with strong cigars unless it's just really smooth and subtle. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy