Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Lancealot

Practically Family
rkwilker said:
I have not Lancealot. I agree with you that the CAO Brazilia's are a good smoke. I keep several in my humi. Last night was a Sol Cubana LE Artisan salomon. Also a very nice smoke.

Try either the Blackroot or Dirt bo are excellent. The Dirt has a very sweet wrapper, very good after dinner cigar.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
St.Ignatz said:
Did pretty much the same thing with one myself Bob. I've been making the rounds picking up what I can at the local shops.
Tom D.

I picked up a box here, Tom.

http://www.milantobacco.com/rocky_patel_spring_collection_2009_cigars.htm

They are also listed here.

http://www.atlanticcigar.com/rpwinterblend.html

I usually buy from Holt's, but they did not have robustos left. If I remember correctly they did have still have toros. I also found toros here:

http://www.cheapercigars.com/

but I had to call them. They don't list them on their web site. Their price was very reasonable, but I decided I really wanted robustos.

rkwilker

One Too Many
Much appreciated Lancealot. I will give them a try! Speaking of Holts, BobC, I am headed to Philly in two weeks on business. I am staying just off Walnut St. and will be making a pilgrimage to their Walnut St. store.

BobC

rkwilker said:
Much appreciated Lancealot. I will give them a try! Speaking of Holts, BobC, I am headed to Philly in two weeks on business. I am staying just off Walnut St. and will be making a pilgrimage to their Walnut St. store.

Lucky dawg. :D I'd love to get to one of their stores and go wild.

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Don't forget BlackCat.

rkwilker said:

On Sansom St. just about two blocks from Holts is Black Cat Cigars. They have some pretty sweet deals going on along with their custom numbers from little havana. Try "Sams Stash" and a nice assortment sizes on the wall across from the register. Enjoy.
Tom D.

rkwilker

One Too Many
Thanks St. Ignatz. I will look them up. Clearly this trip is going to be more expensive than I originally planned. So many smokes...so little time... Question for you St. Ignatz. Do you know of any good cigar bars around the Walnut St. area? I plan on making a visit to "Mahogony" but I thought I would take the opportunity to ask someone local if they had any recommendations. Any input is appreciated.

MissS

A-List Customer
indycop said:
I probably should know better after learning about the esky, but what is gluhwein?:D

Maaate...always happy to enlighten. Gluhwein is a hot spiced wine. I make mine with red wine, cinnamon, orange juice, cloves, lemon rind and a dash of scotch.

Perfect for warming one up, seeing as it's the middle of winter here!

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
rkwilker said:
Thanks St. Ignatz. I will look them up. Clearly this trip is going to be more expensive than I originally planned. So many smokes...so little time... Question for you St. Ignatz. Do you know of any good cigar bars around the Walnut St. area? I plan on making a visit to "Mahogony" but I thought I would take the opportunity to ask someone local if they had any recommendations. Any input is appreciated.

Mahogany is really the only spot unless you plan on walking around the city and smoking. Mahogany is exempt from the smoking ban due to their volume of tobacco sales.
The good news is that Mahogany is a fantastic spot with a full bar and a great staff. If you like a drawaing room feel with upholstered and leather bound chairs and sofas, and lots of dark polished wood, this place will be nirvana. It's actually right above the Holt's location, so you can't miss it.
I'd be very interested in meeting up for a smoke if you are so inclined. Please let me know if you'd be game. Perhaps we can round up Ignatz and Tortswon?

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
MissS said:
Cuaba Generosos last night with my gluhwein. Very cute to look at, but I found it hard work and a bit too peppery for my liking.

Have you had any of the Por Larranaga vitolae? I'd highly recommend the Petit Corona or the Panatela. I know Montecarlos are also esteemed by another fellow Lounger. I find the PL marca to be filled with graham cracker, cinnamon, nutmeg, and toasted walnut flavors. Sounds like it would compliment your Gluhwein well!

Garrett

Tatuaje Reserva today. Good stuff and a very big nod to Anon for introducing me to these beauties.:cool2:

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Phila business trip

rmrdaddy said:
Mahogany is really the only spot unless you plan on walking around the city and smoking. Mahogany is exempt from the smoking ban due to their volume of tobacco sales.
The good news is that Mahogany is a fantastic spot with a full bar and a great staff. If you like a drawaing room feel with upholstered and leather bound chairs and sofas, and lots of dark polished wood, this place will be nirvana. It's actually right above the Holt's location, so you can't miss it.
I'd be very interested in meeting up for a smoke if you are so inclined. Please let me know if you'd be game. Perhaps we can round up Ignatz and Tortswon?

I've got a strange schedule but if at all possible I'm in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou