Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Breakfast - Tatuaje Reserva Regios

Lunch - Padilla Signature 1932

Dinner - Tatuaje Havana VI

Dessert - Tatuaje Reserva J21

Top that!

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
JJWord said:
Ok, now I'm completely confused.

I salt tested the analog hygrometer from my humidor, and for comparison I grabbed the digital thermometer/hygrometer that my wife keeps in our living room and put it in the baggie too. Went to bed, checked it the next morning. The analog hygrometer didn't even move, still reading 68%, and the digital read 60%...?

So I'm fairly certain the hygrometer from my humidor is junk/broken. But why didn't the digital go to 75%? I may just nix both and buy a new one.

You did make a salt/water paste correct?

If the digital unit reads at 60, at least you know it's variance...but if you aren't intending on putting that particular unit into your humidor, I'd definitley recommend just buying a smal didgtal unit for humidor use only, salt testing THAT unit, writing down your variance, and calling it a day.
Better to be sure on RH in the grand scheme of things, I feel.

BillyCigars

New in Town
For breakfast, a cup of coffee & a Punch Punch (CC). For lunch, a Trinidad Robusto (NC). And for after dinner, a Montecristo Reserva Negra :)

JJWord

Familiar Face
rmrdaddy said:
You did make a salt/water paste correct?

If the digital unit reads at 60, at least you know it's variance...but if you aren't intending on putting that particular unit into your humidor, I'd definitley recommend just buying a smal didgtal unit for humidor use only, salt testing THAT unit, writing down your variance, and calling it a day.
Better to be sure on RH in the grand scheme of things, I feel.

Yes sir, used a plastic screw-on bottle cap and filled it with the salt/water. Made it a little wetter than a wet sand consistancy, but not quite as wet as a slurry.

I'm hoping to get to the cigar shop this weekend to get a new hygrometer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo