Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What could be more fun than a vintage P-51??

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I guise when your talking upwards of $200,000 just for a basic overhaul of a Merline, then $3.00 to $5.00 per round is chump change.

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
In the storyline of this movie, CLOUD DANCER starring David Carradine, there is a P-51 with working guns that someone is using to force down drug planes along the US/Mexican border. A very cheesy but entertaining film, especially if you like aerobatic stunt flying.

[video=youtube_share;MSvMtRlezBM]http://youtu.be/MSvMtRlezBM[/video]

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Well, you have to have something to grab for. :p

The sad thing is, how out of reach the dream is becoming. I remember P-51s were around $2000 in the lat 60s, I even new an ex Air America pilot that owned one for a few years, he sold it for $5,000. by the late 70s, they were about $35,000, still dreamable. In the late 80s, I went looking for one for my boss, found a B model for $250,000, he passed, to expensive. I also found a Seafury for $125,000 with a spare Centaurus engine. He wanted an American plane. Now I see P-51s going upwards of $2,500,000, not all that dreamable any more! And Spitfires, I'm not allowed to have those kind of erotic dreams.:plane:

The sad thing is, how out of reach the dream is becoming. I remember P-51s were around $2000 in the lat 60s, I even new an ex Air America pilot that owned one for a few years, he sold it for $5,000. by the late 70s, they were about $35,000, still dreamable. In the late 80s, I went looking for one for my boss, found a B model for $250,000, he passed, to expensive. I also found a Seafury for $125,000 with a spare Centaurus engine. He wanted an American plane. Now I see P-51s going upwards of $2,500,000, not all that dreamable any more! And Spitfires, I'm not allowed to have those kind of erotic dreams.:plane:

You should have bought one when you had the chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore