Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Exquisite! But more of a cold weather brew.

Hey James, how did your fruit trees do this year. Any contributing to your cocktail menu?:cool:

Hmmmmmm....In other words, perfect for now with my lousy weather here. :eusa_doh::rolleyes:

Well, the squirrels and birds got a good amount of the damsons. The tangerines were not that great this year. Oranges---they were good with a nice crop this year. So were the grapefruit---unfortunately.
The peaches and nectarines added a b it of flavor to a few things. I am still waiting for the asian pears and limes to start bearing. The apples are just starting to get near ready. Apple Jack sounds ok(and I don't mean cereal). :p Oh and the lemons were good for aviation cocktails but it has lemons on it year round. I suppose it was a good idea to resurrect that tree. :D :cheers1:

I myself prefer a good gin and tonic...without the gin!

Sounds like my martinis. :p Gin and a spicy olive stuffed with a red pepper. I do add three sprays of vermouth from my vermouth spritzer.
31NPQAFDAEL._SL500_SL160_.jpg

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I had a fine bottle of the Alaskan brewery's 25th anniversary Russian Imperial stout! Brewed with glacier water, fireweed honey and birch syrup it is a quintessential Alaskan beer. I really wanted to post photos of this, but for some reason I cannot post pictures right now.

This beer is STOUT, darker than the darkest night, but with an initial tinge of sweetness (fireweed and birch) and a nice after taste of smokey hops (what the brewery does best.)

It's a limited run, I think they only made twenty barrels or so, and they only distribute their main beers to the west coast.

I'll keep trying with the photos because the bottle is just fantastic.

mflemming

One of the Regulars
Wychwood's Hobgoblin Dark Ale.

I love their slogan: "Afraid you might taste something, Lagerboy?"

I discovered Alaskan Amber in Seattle the first week of August. Superb!

Anything from Black Raven in Redmond is worth trying. Their Totem Ale is outstanding.

Last edited:

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Long evening topping off with a glass of Jameson Redbrest something or another. 12 bottles made in the world. Also, some Korbel sparkling pino noir. I have never had a better wine.

Last edited:

mflemming

One of the Regulars
Given the time and the double posting it is pretty obvious what state you were in! ;)

I had a fine bottle of the Alaskan brewery's 25th anniversary Russian Imperial stout! Brewed with glacier water, fireweed honey and birch syrup it is a quintessential Alaskan beer. I really wanted to post photos of this, but for some reason I cannot post pictures right now.

This beer is STOUT, darker than the darkest night, but with an initial tinge of sweetness (fireweed and birch) and a nice after taste of smokey hops (what the brewery does best.)

It's a limited run, I think they only made twenty barrels or so, and they only distribute their main beers to the west coast.

I'll keep trying with the photos because the bottle is just fantastic.

I just talked to my nephew in Seattle who is coming in for a wedding in two weeks. If he can find it, he's going to bootleg a couple of bottles to Chicago.

Last edited:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I think I've passed through his state. :D
I'm going to have to change wines....
The one I've been drinking (M Chapoutier Bellarouche 2009) has dry corks, and they crumble when I try to remove them.
I did surgery last night on one, before finally getting enough out to "strain" the wine into a used tea container.
I've got enough to last through the week and then I'll have to shop again, and I like this one too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points