Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Tried these new Bulmers Specials:

212408.jpg

212410.jpg

The honey one was very smooth and the rhubarb was Christmas in a bottle.

Cicero

A-List Customer
A few good old Jupilers.

Jupiler is one of Belgium's favourite pils beer. It has a golden yellow colour and compact white head. In its complex bouquet, the aroma of hops and malt blends with a fruity character. Jupiler is a smooth drink with a soft bitterness, and has an alcohol content of 5.2% vol. (Belgium). It should be served chilled to 3° C.

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
Yesterday I was at last able to find a bottle of Angostura Bitters at the local Wine & Spirits Store and it was fairly cheap too, so I bought it tried my hand at making a few Old Fashioned cocktails. I've been curious about them for a fair while, but it was for various reasons until now not possible for me to experiment. I don't think that they were quite right; I imagine that my proportions were off, I have no muddler and only loose sugar rather than cubes or simple syrup, but the water, sugar, lemon peel, bitters and whiskey, Bulleit Rye in this case, were all present. Improper as they might have been; I enjoyed them and look forward to refining my mixing.

m0nk

One Too Many
We went through quite a bit over the holiday weekend; Glenlivet, Sam Adams Oktoberfest, something Belgium that my brother-in-law brought, Belini's made with actual Prosecco, Champagne, Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, and more...

So last night I went back to the Cognac with some Martel VSOP.

I'm actually drinking some right now and looked at the can, it's made in Milwaukee. I'm assuming under contract with Miller, as Pabst, Old Milwaukee, Lone Star (I think, though I don't believe in Milwaukee), Old Style, and Schlitz are.

They still make Hamm's? You sure can't find it out here.

Funny, I never have heard that one before! I get mocked because every time I have a party, I stock up on the Hamm's. It's cheap and I'm budget-minded lol

^ Sigh. I miss Hamm's.

Last night was hot chocolate with a shot of Baileys.

Hawkcigar

One of the Regulars
Well, it's tonight and not last night but I'm having some Russell's Reserve 6 year old rye. Pretty tasty stuff!

TidiousTed

Practically Family
Started testing this year's juleøl (Christmas beer) with a couple of friends last night. Almost every Norwegian brewery make their own Christmas beer so we still have a long way before we have tasted them all. We started one day too early actually, as we usually starts on the first of December.

Here's a selection of Norwegian Christmas beers, but far from all of them:
Samlebilde_tradisjo_669777i.jpg

Was over at Mom and Dad's today and had an old classic with my pop.

'Cause I'm from Milwaukee and I oughtta know, it's Blatz, Blatz, Blatz, Blatzwherever you go!

[video=youtube;s5qSRjjX6SU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5qSRjjX6SU[/video]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112