Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Mrs Bentley

New in Town
I enjoyed some Edradour 10 year old. Just after I'd poured it, I suddenly wondered whether or not a long drink would have been preferable (given how warm it has been), but didn't end up with any regrets - it was a lovely wind-down drink.

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
Mrs Bentley said:
I enjoyed some Edradour 10 year old. Just after I'd poured it, I suddenly wondered whether or not a long drink would have been preferable (given how warm it has been), but didn't end up with any regrets - it was a lovely wind-down drink.

Smallest distillery in Scotland, nice one. :)

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wild Turkey 101, neat. I don't care what connotations wild turkey may have; this is a fine sipping whiskey for fans of Knob Creek and Woodford Reserve. I love the stuff! :)

CaptainB

Familiar Face
Today:

Cragganmore 12y. - I really begin to love this one
Glenlivet 15y. French Oak Reserve
Aberlour a'bunadh Batch No. 25 - one of the most unique things I have had the pleasure to taste!

All of these are really interesting as I was quite the Islay guy until recently, but it was a good decision to broaden my horizon :)

Best regards,
Captain B

CopperNY

A-List Customer
Ethan Bentley said:
What's wrong with Wild Turkey?

nothing, but, in some places Wild Turkey carries a -very- strong negative/redneck stigma.

of course i never heard that until i went to college. but, growing up between Trout Creek and Chipmunk Hollow (not kidding), you don't realize they are talking about you.....

my friends from West Virginia call Wild Turkey and Coke a "Turkey Sandwich" (properly pronounced "sammich" :) ).

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Yellow Tail" Shiraz, my first venture into Yellow Tail, rather a pleasant surprise and a rather spiffingly stylish, and distinctive label

yellow+tail+shiraz.jpg

campy

New in Town
I made us Sidecars lat night. They turned out great! I must have hit the proportions just right. Too bad I don't remember what they were ... :(

parachutage

New in Town
I visited a neat little bar near downtown Houston to unwind and asked the bartender for something I have not had in quite a few years - a "Clover Leaf", which I had even forgotten the ingredients...

1940's Clover Leaf Cocktail
  • 1 lime
  • 2 teaspoons grenadine
  • 1 egg white
  • 1½ teaspoons dry gin

Shake well with cracked ice and strain into 4-ounce cocktail glass. Serve with mint leaf on top.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112