Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

CaptainB

Familiar Face
Levallois said:
12 year old Glenlivet that had been languishing in my parents liquor cabinet for at least 30 years. So does that make it a 42-year old Glenlivet? Whatever the age, it was smoooooth. I paired this up with a churchill ring Padron 1964 Anniversario cigar. Very relaxing.

John

No - spirits don't age once bottled. I'd really like to compare this to a new bottle though. I'm sure you've got something really fine there :)

Best regards,
Captain B

ladybrettashley

One of the Regulars
Bronx. A medium-dry (in the old-fashioned sense that it has equal parts sweet and dry vermouth) martini, add the juice of half an orange. It's a nice not-too-sweet cocktail for the occasion i don't want something too stout either.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Tonight I had a Sam Adams summer lager, which is lemon and "grains of paradise" whatever those are, flavoured. A nice light taste and it went well with the turkey hoagie I had for dinner.

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Shooting pictures for my Tales of the Cocktail Presentation, I got to drink and shoot pictures at the same time. ;)

herbsaintdrip.jpg

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Absinthe_1900 said:
Shooting pictures for my Tales of the Cocktail Presentation, I got to drink and shoot pictures at the same time. ;)

So if subsequent pictures start to go blurry and tilt a bit, we'll know it was late into the shoot.:)

Brad

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Viola said:
Tonight I had a Sam Adams summer lager, which is lemon and "grains of paradise" whatever those are, flavoured. A nice light taste and it went well with the turkey hoagie I had for dinner.

Hoppy? What was the flavor profile overall would you say?
I had some Flying Fish Farmhouse ale last week which is their summer offering I believe. Crisp and tasty for those hot afternoons!

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
CaptainB said:
Ron Zacapa Centenario 23y.
Havana Club 7y.

Best regards,
Captain B

Wonderful selections Capt. The Zacapa 15 anos is a nice alternative at a much lower pricepoint.
I have a single unopened bottle of HC 7 left in stock...I hate to open it, but I'd love to start imbibing it, Summer is here!

djhatman

One of the Regulars
Not my faviort drink but Im staying at my parents house this weekend. So it has and will be Crown and Coke.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
rmrdaddy said:
Hoppy? What was the flavor profile overall would you say?
I had some Flying Fish Farmhouse ale last week which is their summer offering I believe. Crisp and tasty for those hot afternoons!

It was sort of hoppy but in a light smooth way. It was not light tasting as in watery, it was just really summery and not thick-feeling. It was good with what I was eating, which was turkey and corn chips: the salt of the corn chips brought out the flavour of the beer which was sort of doing a beer thing and sort of doing a lemonade thing. I recommend it, though it's not Serious Business For Serious Beer-Drinkers Beer.

Speaking of silly-flavoured beer, tonight I had Wild Blue blueberry lager. Yes, blueberry. Yes, it is purple. Really fun and better than it sounds. A good summer drink. I had it with rotisserie chicken and cornbread. Would buy again.

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Interesting reviews Viola, thank you.
I dabble with Three Philosopher's or Lindeman's Framboise Lambic on occasion, so this may be a pleasant diversion as well. Are you a member at Beeradvocate as well?

Viola

Call Me a Cab
No, I'm not, but I'm intrigued. An online community I take it? I'm just sort of a newbie and trying things out.

Oh, word of, well, not warning really for anyone with a normal tolerance but I'm a lightweight: the Wild Blue is 8% alcohol which the buddy who gave it to me did not tell me until afterward and I drank it rather quickly as it is sweet. He got a laugh out of that. I'm rather small and I tend to be a two-beer tipsy person anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran